Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Write Your Own Sequel to Fahrenheit 451...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Write Your Own Sequel to Fahrenheit 451...
 Login/Join

posted
This link is to a Wall Street Journal article written by Mr. B about his meeting with Bernard Berenson and what followed.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110004662

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great article. But notice that this, to some degree, is what Bradbury has been doing in his own work. He has reworked Moby Dick, several times over. He has reworked his own stories for stage and screen.

According to a couple of interviews I have read, when he dramatised his stories for Ray Bradbury Theater, he usually did it without looking back at his original story. So his scripts were not adaptations, but re-tellings.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
What a great article. But notice that this, to some degree, is what Bradbury has been doing in his own work. He has reworked Moby Dick, several times over. He has reworked his own stories for stage and screen.

According to a couple of interviews I have read, when he dramatised his stories for Ray Bradbury Theater, he usually did it without looking back at his original story. So his scripts were not adaptations, but re-tellings.

SPOILER ALERT: In his most recent staging of Fahrenheit 451 Mr. B has brought Clarise back to like as one of the book people.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truffaut did that too, so maybe it's an old Bradbury idea?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somewhere I have a copy of an interview with Ray where he says he liked Truffaut's revival of Clarisse, and that he decided to also revive her when writing his stage adaptation. So it appears to have been Truffaut's idea (or one of his scriptwriters).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post