Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What part of the book intested you most? Why? What part of the book least intresting

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What part of the book intested you most? Why? What part of the book least intresting
 Login/Join

posted
The part I liked most is the book burning becase I'm not the biggest fan of books. That part also made the book more fun to read for me.I'd stick up if I was a charchter too because I'm a fan of magazines. Also reading was restricted sothats why i'd stick up. Thier was no least intresting part of the book becase the book was good.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The part I liked about this book was when the old woman was burned in her house with her books. That to me ment that she had alot of very strong feelings for the books. If I had alot of feelings for something that important to me I would surely stick my life on the line. The part of this book that least interested me was when the people burn the books. I think that is so dumb and that there society would just be so dumb that there lives would be ruined because they would not know what to do if they cant think.

Posts: 1 | Location: lemont IL, USA | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were a lot of interesting parts to the book. It definitely deserves multiple re-readings. One of the things that struck me when I first read it was its celebration of ideas. If people died for these books, then the ideas in them really mattered. This made me wonder what was in books that would cause someone to feel a life and death commitment to them.

Another thing was the idea of censorship. It was not always government. Often it was market forces or popularity or personal choice. We are afraid of ideas because they might cause conflict or they might make us feel bad or guilty. They may cause us to re-examine our own beliefs. Immanual Kant, in an essay called, "What is Enlightenment?" argues that people refuse to learn new things and take responsibility for thier own lives for two basic reasons: (1) They are too lazy to do the work to learn and think, and (2) They don't have the courage to take responsibility for thier own lives. They would rather abdicate their ideas, habits, values, etc., to others because they are too lazy to do the intellectual work and/or they don't have the courage to act independently.

There were other cool things. I like how the book shows how people touch each other -- for good or bad -- in their social interactions.

I also like the enthusiasm for ideas and life itself when it dawns on Montag how powerful the ideas in books can be.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite part of the book was probably when montag burned Beatty with a flamethrower. The reason I choose this part is because this was one of the first parts that made your jaw drop and make you want to read on. The part I didn't like was hearing that Claurise had died. Even though I don't think she got hit by a car I still thought she should have been along Montag's side along the whole story.

Posts: 5 | Location: lemont, il,usa | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The most interesting part of the book that really caught my attention was the happiness speech between Montag and Clarisse. That was the key point of the story I think because that really changed his aspect on book burning. I also don't understand how this little 17 year old girl understands more than a 30 year old man. I think that the book had its weak spots and its strong spots (like all great books do) but the part that through me off guard was the ending. I might have to go back and read it a few times to understand the real meaning of it. So if anyone understands please try to explain. Does it have something to do with starting a new life? Because that was my first interpretation.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The most interesting part of the book, for me, was in Burning Bright when he was being chased by the hound until the end of the story. I liked how Bradbury showed he was watching himself being chased on the televisions of other people. That fact really made me think about how much their society really does revolve around television; and also how bad his "crime" was.
When the scapegoat of Montag is killed it really illuminates the fact that the government is willing to kill in order to keep the society peaceful and unemotional. It also alludes to Clarisse's death and that she was most likely killed for the same reason. Finally, I liked when he was drifting down the river to where Granger was. There were many symbols to this that i enjoyed. When he waded into the river to ditch his scent it was a symbol to him completely deciding to forget his old life and move on. The description of him drifting down the river also capped the whole story in that he wasnt sure what he was doing but he knew he had to reveal a new life to himself. My enjoyment dipped a little bit until the final moment in the story when the city is bombed and they are all knocked over. It was a very ironic ending in that so many people had died but they died for the cost of bringing back literature. But since nobody but Montag really seemed to care about death, it probably isn't quite as bad as our society would view a tragedy like that.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the part i liked most about the book was when the gye monted had his realisation that he dident like his job and his wife and him werent close.I liked that because he finaly realised that books were important and he dident have a good relationship.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read most of the book up until the part near the end when he started explaining all the nature and stuff like that. Even though he was doing a great job detailing every little part of the world, I just thought it was too boring for me because I like the parts when he is being chased or in the parts when he is going out to burn something. This book had many parts where it was very interesting and exciting that kept me interested in it.
But I think the best and most interesting part of the book was when he was being chased by the hound and he had to escape all the way out of town and into the small villages nearby. I like when the hound actually like pounces on Guy and injects him. I thought that was one of the best parts in the book.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite part was when guy Montag flamed Betty. I thought it was very action filled and amusing! If I was Montag I would have done the same as he did! So I'm glad that he did what he did, Betty was asking for it and what he got in return was what he was asking for. I could feel the rage and setting when I read that part!

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 19 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post