Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    For 4E
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For 4E
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Wow. I knew about FAMOUS MONSTERS, CREEPY, VAMPIRELLA, EERIE and THE SPIRIT, but I never realized until now that Jim also published John Landis ...

The Cinematheque needs to be a little more thorough with its parenthetical phrases.

But then, I guess that's just the intolerant old English professor in me ...

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll be there Terry, of course. I have something for you.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the "We'll Always Have Paris" event today one of the frequent participants on this board was kind enough to make available DVDs of his video from the Forry Ackerman Birthday event hosted by Ray Bradbury at the Mystery and Imagination bookshop. To my suprise, not all copies sold so if one were to email the bookshop they may be able to secure a copy of this lovely tribute day, $14.95. email: christinebell@mindspring.com

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
At the "We'll Always Have Paris" event today one of the frequent participants on this board was kind enough to make available DVDs of his video from the Forry Ackerman Birthday event hosted by Ray Bradbury at the Mystery and Imagination bookshop.

Aren't you kind? To whomever that individual is.

I know someone who was kind enough to design the sleeve.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Who can open this link?

Tribute to Forrest J Ackerman
Celebrate the life of an icon!
Event Info Host:
the American Cinematheque
Date:
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Time:
3:00pm - 10:00pm
Street:
6712 Hollywood Blvd.
City/Town:
Hollywood, CA

Contact InfoPhone:
Email:
www.americancinematheque.com

Description
The world pays homage to the late, great Dr. Acula, Mr Science Fiction, The Ackermonster, Uncle Forry! Coined the term Sci-Fi! Edited Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine. Was collector and curator of the Ackermuseum of Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror memorabilia. Was the inspiration of youngsters who grew up to be John Landis, Steven Spielberg, Guillermo Del Toro, Ray Bradbury, Ray Harryhausen, and on and on.

Here is a reminder about today's special event...

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The memorial service was very lovely. Tributes to 4E were paid by Mr. B, John Landis, Joe Dante, Guerremo Del Toro and Rick Baker. I believe Doug Spaulding took some nice photos and video footage that he'll post, as soon as he has a roof over his head.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
http://www.flickr.com/photos/n...554/with/3340588728/

This is the link to a Flickr posting by another attendee.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
For those of you who lives within its signal range, or can get its streaming audio, KPCC's Offramp program, Saturday at 12 noon (left-coast time), is paying tribute to Forrest J Ackerman.

www.kpcc.org

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Oh yes, KPCC is 89.3 FM on your radio dial...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh yes, KPCC is 89.3 FM on your radio dial...

The program is just starting.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
http://www.scpr.org/programs/offramp/

The radio segment was very nicely done. If you missed it you can go to this site, on Monday, and it will be avialable. It will be re-broadcast Sunday at 7 p.m. (left coast time), too.

The site also has an interview done with Uncle Forry in 1986 form YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kesPyGX9o5c

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Then there's this.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug,

When will you have the time to post some of the photos you took at the event of the people who honored 4E?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Maybe about a week - I'm still living out of the suitcase and don't have the iMac hooked up yet.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
When will you have the time to post some of the photos you took at the event of the people who honored 4E?

Now.

"Live Forever!"