Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    For 4E
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 21

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For 4E
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Took a liberty...

I'm all about liberties.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Give me liberty or give me death!"

How's the Maryland area treating you Doug, any snow left? Hopefully you received my package.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding, you certainly are familiar with foolish liberties?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Video. Remember to click on HQ.

Michael: I received it - thanks. I will post yours tomorrow.

No snow. Warming up here.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Took a liberty...

I'm all about liberties.

I often take a trip to the Liberty: http://www.libertytheater.org/

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandy!
Any upcoming shows?
I'm rehearsing for a performance of Haydn's "Creation".

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This fine documentary (which was shown at 4E's tribute) is now available, and for only seven pounds, ninety-eight.

Highly recommended, but for you Americans, please ensure you have a DVD player which can read PAL (perfection at last).

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Dandy!
Any upcoming shows?

As far as I know, the next one is the fall musical.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not pick up a Scary Monsters magazine today?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Here is the link to the L.A. Times article about 4E's auction.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.co...e-auction-block.html

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, jkt!

With a gracious concluding observation:

“At the end of the day, the one that made the museum was him,” he said. “He was the greatest item in his collection.”

-- Alicia Lozano

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Thanks, jkt!

With a gracious concluding observation:

“At the end of the day, the one that made the museum was him,” he said. “He was the greatest item in his collection.”

-- Alicia Lozano

I was contemplating attending the auction but decided taht it will be too sad.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I was contemplating attending the auction but decided that it will be too sad.

When Ray was asked if he would attend the original auction of the liquidation of the Ackermansion back in 2002, he said no - that he would've cried.

My friend Brock sent me a link today to an article he wrote on 4E. Enjoy.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I was contemplating attending the auction but decided that it will be too sad.

When Ray was asked if he would attend the original auction of the liquidation of the Ackermansion back in 2002, he said no - that he would've cried.

My friend Brock sent me a link today to an article he wrote on 4E. Enjoy.

And from the Times blog:
Hollywood Auction – Day 1

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/18668

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
DS, Mr. Poe would be pleased ironically with the allusion in the 4E article's title, but in a very melancholy way, I am sure!
"THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF ACKERMAN"
BY BROCK DESHANE

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post