Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    For 4E
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For 4E
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Doug, if the link below is a quite current pic of the 3 Amigos, 4E is really doing well. If this is the case, he has come a long way in several months, in view of the earlier photo of him convalescing (above post).

Unfortunately, it's not current.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from The Lot in West Hollywood where we interviewed Joe Dante. After we got done, I mentioned to him that I would love to interview his friend John Landis, as well. He said he would email him for me right then and there.

When I got home, I had an email from John Landis asking me about the project! Networking, folks.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
In answer to your question, Doug Spaulding - though you've most likely forgotten - I'm a thoroughbred Sassenach residing in Tinseltown, England. That's Twickenham to you, home to Rugby Union and film studios spawning such gems as Blade Runner; The Crucible; Saturday Night, Sunday Morning; American Werewolf in London; the Beatles movies etc.

An American Werewolf in London is my favourite werewolf picture, and I have an appointment to interview its director, John Landis in a couple weeks for the 4E doc.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hooray! Doug, does Forry appear in that movie? (I know I saw him in a movie once, but couldn't remember which one.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Favourite" is a good word - if you're British.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forry is the true star of the Thriller music video!!!

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Hooray! Doug, does Forry appear in that movie? (I know I saw him in a movie once, but couldn't remember which one.)

No, he was in the other werewolf picture from 1981, The Howling. But he has been in mulitudinous fillums.

He just compleated his latest part in my friend Joe Moe's movie Red Velvet. In fact, it was at the Red Velvet table he was signing at FangoCon recently.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Forry is the true star of the Thriller music video!!!

...directed by John Landis.

Forry tells this story in the doc. I'm going to ask JL to tell it too.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
"Favourite" is a good word - if you're British.

Even if you're not!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with John Landis, and I have an appointment to interview him Wednesday morning in his Beverly Hills home for the 4E doc.

I'll finally get my American Werewolf signed. And my Beverly Hills Cop 3. And my MOH: Deer Woman. And my Kentucky Fried Movie. You get the idea - he's a busy director. Who saw his episode of the NBC series Fear Itself a couple weeks ago? And the following week was a Stuart Gordon episode - chilling!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
John Landis sends his best wishes. He sure provided some wonderful 4E stories.

He told of the time that he took Spielberg over to the Ackermansion for his first visit.

He also told about when 4E showed up at the initial screening of Landis's Schlock, he said he brought Ed Wood with him. Landis was agog at the great cult icon, but Ed was compleatly flummoxed that anyone even remembered his films!

He was by then, remembered Landis, a sad old drunk who would be dead in a few years. Drunk maybe, but he still made Plan Nine From Outer Space!

As a bonus, I got a call from Camden Toy who said he was free and we could go by to interview him, so off we went to the Hollywood Hills. A twofer!

Furthermore, Landis said that he would put me in touch with three or four folks I've been wanting, but had no contact for: Frank Darabont, Rick Baker, Ray Harryhausen, and Hugh Hefner. I was unaware that Hugh and 4E were close but Landis says yes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug, so glad that it is happenin' for ya! Build those wings as you free fall through that rare air.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of John Landis, Saturday, before the lecture, I was telling Ray that I had just interviewed him for the 4E thingy, and he said that he hasn't talked to Landis in awhile, and for me to ask him to give him a call.

So dutifully, I emailed John and passed on Ray's request. Received a reply a few hours later saying that he was in London, but was flying home the next day, and he would call Ray this week. When I initially emailed him for he interview request (a few weeks ago), he said he was in Paris. He said soon he's off to Vancouver, and then NYC and then Italy.

He sure racks up some frequent flyer miles!

Now for my 4E story. It's short, but good. Saturday morning, jkt and I were at 4E's coordinating a potential Halloween event (I'm sure jkt will post the flyer when the time is right), and 4E was going to sign some photos for the two Rays. As he was reclining at the time, jkt had to adjust the chair with the remote control. He couldn't quite tell which button was the right one to push, and as he was trying to figure it out, 4E exclaimed "don't push the wrong one - you'll blow me up!"

He's still got it.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
And here is the flyer.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageForry_on_Halloween.jpg (143 Kb, 11 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful (no period after the "J", but other than that...)!

"Live Forever!"