Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    For 4E
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For 4E
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Come and celebrate 4E's birthday.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Image4e.jpg (90 Kb, 13 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

But I don't arrive back west until the 23rd!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

But I don't arrive back west until the 23rd!

I guess you'll have to settle for House of Pies on the 24th. I'm aiming for about 2:00 p.m. because it is the day before Turkey Day.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cover of the McFarland Press biography of Forrest J Ackerman, FORRY, has now been posted on its website. What a great cover! I think Forry would be pleased!

http://www.mcfarlandpub.com/bo...id=978-0-7864-4884-5

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
The cover of the McFarland Press biography of Forrest J Ackerman, FORRY, has now been posted on its website. What a great cover! I think Forry would be pleased!

Wonderful! I look forryward to reading Ms Painter's work. I know Debbie, and she is a sweet soul, just like Forry. I'm sure she'll do the Ackermonster proud.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my copy of FORRY on Friday. I have not read it straight through, but rather have been leapfrogging through the book. Ms. Painter has written a loving account of Forry's life and her own experiences with the Ackermonster. Ray is mentioned several times, as you expect given their long friendship. Highly recommended for anyone who loved and admired Forry (and most people certainly did).

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
I received my copy of FORRY on Friday. I have not read it straight through, but rather have been leapfrogging through the book. Ms. Painter has written a loving account of Forry's life and her own experiences with the Ackermonster. Ray is mentioned several times, as you expect given their long friendship. Highly recommended for anyone who loved and admired Forry (and most people certainly did).

Just wait until the estate sanctioned autobiography comes out next year...90% or so dictated by 4E in his last months.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Now, that one I will buy.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guillermo is inspired by 4E.

I must get into Bleak House with my camera!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Tonight!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I'm about half way through "Forry" and am enjoying it too.

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at my fountain pen convention today but one of Ray's actors was willing to pick up one for me today at the event.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
We had a lovely, damp time. After the event, a few of us walked down to the Italian restaurant for supper.

Ray's actor Robert Kerr, Joe Moe, and Doug Spaulding:

My friend, author Debbie Painter and me:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Here ~ a wonderful site with 4E info and a great pic of "3 very goods friends" (about 2/3 into the pages):
http://www.google.com/imgres?i...Z6TeKuCcOBlAeL5_TzBQ

DS, how did things turn out with the "mansion" after all the spirits and dust settled?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
DS, how did things turn out with the "mansion" after all the spirits and dust settled?

Mansion? Spirits? Dust? Sounds like a fun time at Disneyland.

"Live Forever!"