Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury Out of Print

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Out of Print
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know what "Summer Morning, Summer Night" is no longer in print?! Shouldn't all Ray B. be in print?

And this raises the question, what Bradbury books ARE no longer in print? This is criminal!

Posts: 71 | Registered: 01 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
echoes, considering how prolific Ray Bradbury was, I don't think it is that surprising to find that some of his work is out of print, especially if it was published by a specialty press which may not have the financial resources and/or sales for multiple print runs; which may have contractually agreed to a limited print run; or which may no longer even be in business. Thankfully, most of Ray's major books are still in print and available, and most of the out-of-print work can be found on sites such as the Advanced Book Exchange. However, I will list some of the out-of-print books that I can think of off the top of my head (excluding his poetry collections and comic strip adaptations). Also, I have not considered whether a book may be available as an e-book:

1. DARK CARNIVAL (this went out of print by Ray's choice, although I believe Gauntlet Press still may have a few copies of the limited edition re-issue available at a very hefty price)

2. R IS FOR ROCKET and S IS FOR SPACE (although I believe copies of PS Publishing's combined, limited edition of these two collections may still be available on Amazon)

3. WHERE EVERYTHING ENDS (although the three novels comprising this collection, DEATH IS A LONELY BUSINESS, A GRAVEYARD FOR LUNATICS and LET'S ALL KILL CONSTANCE are available individually. You just won't get the added short story of the title included in the Subterranean Press limited edition).

4. SUMMER MORNING, SUMMER NIGHT (a limited edition)

5. MOBY DICK: THE SCREENPLAY (a limited edition)

6. MARIONETTES, INC. ( a limited edition)

7.NEMO! (a limited edition)

8. AHMED AND THE OBLIVION MACHINES

9. HOMECOMING (this is a hardcover, illustrated re-reprint of Ray's short story. The story itself can be found in other collections)

10. ON STAGE: A CHRESTOMATHY OF HIS PLAYS

11. THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY (a different collection than the in-print BRADBURY STORIES)

12. YESTERMORROW

13. A CHAPBOOK FOR BURNT-OUT PRIESTS, RABBIS AND MINISTERS (limited edition)

14. LONG AFTER MIDNIGHT

15. THE MACHINERIES OF JOY

This is certainly not a complete list. Again, I have not included any poetry collections. I have also omitted limited editions which may have published only few poems or stories (such as the Lord John Press books, or limited edition miniature books). If anyone has any other books to add, I hope they will do so. And if I am wrong about the in-print status of any of the above, I hope someone will correct me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't The Stories of Ray Bradbury still in print from Everyman's Library? It's on their website.

Two essential Bradbury books that are no longer in print are The Golden Apples of the Sun and A Medicine for Melancholy. Derivative editions are still available, but not the books with their original contents.

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
douglasSP, since THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY appears on the Everyman's Library website, it must still be available. Thanks for the correction!

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post