Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    ray bradbury story sighting
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ray bradbury story sighting
 Login/Join

posted
Perhaps someone caught this, but the story "The Visit" was published in the current issue of The Strand magazine. Complete with illustrations!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt caught it, and gave me a copy - thanks jkt!

It has now been signed by the author, as is proper.

(It was The Strand you gave me, wasn't it?)

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
jkt caught it, and gave me a copy - thanks jkt!

It has now been signed by the author, as is proper.

(It was The Strand you gave me, wasn't it?)

I loose track. Wink

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a current issue of The Strand magazine with the Ray Bradbury interview. And found it very disappointing. Has Mr. Bradbury considered what he is saying when the interviewer asked him his religious beliefs and Mr. Bradbury claimed that he is God? If this is so, can Mr. Bradbury please visit by friend's mother, who is dying, and cure her? Can he please heal the lame and the other sick that we bring over to his house? Can Mr. Bradbury please tell us what there was before he created this thing we call time?

I cannot believe that Mr. Bradbury has believed such things before. If anything is, this is madness.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Picked up a current issue of The Strand magazine. Mr. Bradbury claimed that he is God.

Who's up to burning current copies of the Strand?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On The Strand's website, the editor writes:

"For our interviews, I had a chance to speak with the legendary Ray Bradbury, whose timeless works continue to inspire new generations of readers. Despite his stature as a great writer, he is one of the most humble people I have ever interviewed and his youthful exuberance about life was positively infectious."

!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Who's up to burning current copies of the Strand?

I can only hope you're being facetious.

I'm still hoping.

We'll let you and Mr Knox take care of that whilst we stand by watching and slowly shaking our heads and wondering why Mr Knox's comment wasn't placed in the religious thread where it belongs!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe what we need is a dogma section for those who wish to impugn or malign Ray can spew their rants in a forum that is appropriate. At least with the religious section those of us who prefer freedom from religion can ignore it.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Maybe what we need is a dogma section for those who wish to impugn or malign Ray can spew their rants in a forum that is appropriate.

jkt: Spew rants? By pointing out Bradbury's comment in a magazine? Come on.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Maybe what we need is a dogma section for those who wish to impugn or malign Ray can spew their rants in a forum that is appropriate.

Yes, rants both singular and cumlative, past and present. Enough is enough. Please hold your slanted negative opinions at bay.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Ouch! Someone just sat on a tack!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I must agree with jkt - you suggested that Ray is mad. And I don't think you meant angry.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
you suggested that Ray is mad. And I don't think you meant angry.

You liberal guys don't have room for much of anyone else. You know as well that is not what I wrote.

posted Hide Post
quote:
You know as well that is not what I wrote.

quote:
If anything is, this is madness.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
this is madness.

Doug Spaulding. THIS is not meant as HIM. This refers to the situation not the man. Why try to spin it otherwise?