Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Live Forever: The Ray Bradbury Odyssey

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Live Forever: The Ray Bradbury Odyssey
 Login/Join

posted
I am going to convoy up to beautiful OJAI next Sunday, January 30th, for the 2:00 p.m. perormance.

The play is, "About the life and influences which shaped Ray and his work. Directed by Patricia Lynn Strickland, with actors John Slade and Malcolm McDowell, Zachery Meade and Jackson Anderson. Film Direction by Christopher Moonlight. Written and produced by Michael O'Kelly."

Tickets at www.brownpapertickets.com

www.brownpapertickets.com

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds awesome.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Convoy is a good word. O'Kelly is a good word. Moonlight is a good word. (Whew!)

Whew is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's face it ...

"Tarpinian" is a good word!

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now who is going to join us?

Bo Derek has a ranch in Ojai and is a friend and fan of Ray...who knows who'll be there? Malcolm McDowell also is her neighbor and he's doing the narration. We'll be doing brunch, Doug Spaulding has kindly given us many choices, then it will be off to the 2:00 p.m. performance.

Come and join us.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by William Lantry:
Let's face it ...

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

No it is not!!!

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
quote:
Originally posted by William Lantry:

No it is not!!!

Perhaps that's why you often go by 'John King'?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bo Derek has a ranch in Ojai and is a friend and fan of Ray...who knows who'll be there? Malcolm McDowell also is her neighbor and he's doing the narration. We'll be doing brunch, Doug Spaulding has kindly given us many choices, then it will be off to the 2:00 p.m. performance.

Come and join us.

Well, actually Bo lives in Santa Ynez (a good word!), not far from the Michael Jackson ranch, but Malcolm does, indeed, live in Ojai. I wonder if he'd be keen on doing any narration for me - I have a Bradbury-themed documentary mostly shot and may need a narrator. In fact, I'm working today on laying down ideas and starting edits. But can I afford him?!

Did you invite Bo? Would you like me to do so? You know, I have somewhat of a history with her (I once had a photo taken with her at one of Ray's birthday parties. Big Grin)

I shall join the convoy, or, as Van Morrison would say, caravan!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

Come and join us.

Well, actually Bo lives in Santa Ynez (a good word!), not far from the Michael Jackson ranch, but Malcolm does, indeed, live in Ojai. I wonder if he'd be keen on doing any narration for me - I have a Bradbury-themed documentary mostly shot and may need a narrator. In fact, I'm working today on laying down ideas and starting edits. But can I afford him?!

Did you invite Bo? Would you like me to do so? You know, I have somewhat of a history with her (I once had a photo taken with her at one of Ray's birthday parties. Big Grin)

I shall join the convoy, or, as Van Morrison would say, caravan!

I stand corrected. In the immortal words of David Letterman, "Oprah Uma, Uma Oprah."

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
In the immortal words of David Letterman, "Oprah Uma, Uma Oprah."

That was a classic scene.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Does anybody else think that Doug Spaulding should take and then post pictures from Saturday's and Sunday's events? Do I hear a collective YES?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Yes.
Yeah.
Yep.

There you go - a collective yes.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anybody else think that Doug Spaulding should take and then post pictures from Saturday's and Sunday's events? Do I hear a collective YES?

I already told you I would bring the good camera! Big Grin I don't know about Saturday - I'll be busy filming and dealing with the A/V to show a clip for Chris. I hope.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I have an extra ticket if anyone needs one. Sunday at 2pm.

forrestjbradbury at gmail dot com

"Live Forever!"