Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray is at rest.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray is at rest.
 Login/Join

posted
Ray is now resting beside his beloved Maggie and only a few blocks from where he pounded out Fahrenheit 451. I was in attendance but would have rather ran away to a carnival to meet Mr. Electrico. Suffice it to say that the services were lovely and exactly what Ray would have wanted.

Many people would like to know the specifics of the service but I am respecting the family wishes to keep things private.

This will be my only posting about the service, I hope you understand.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We understand completely, we offer our sincerest love and condolences to Ray's family and close friends. Thank you for letting us know he has been laid to rest.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exactly what fanboy said so well.

Thank You, Mr. Tarpinian, for everything you do on behalf of Ray Bradbury, and here on the forums. Sincere condolences to you.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thankyou, John, for being our respectful "insider".

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Exactly what fanboy said so well.

Thank You, Mr. Tarpinian, for everything you do on behalf of Ray Bradbury, and here on the forums. Sincere condolences to you.

Copy that.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, John, for those tender words to let us know that the great man has been laid to rest.

I am sure that many would agree that we could not be more touched or moved, in this last week, if it were our own grandfather.

And when Ray's own grandfather passed on, Ray, of course, ran to Mr. Electrico, as John says he would have rather done. Well said, John.

Thanks to John and to Phil and to every one who has posted on this board in the past week. You all do Ray and all of us proud.

Posts: 43 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, thank you so much for everything you meant to Ray, and for sharing your friendship with us.

Please continue to visit us - there are transitions, but there are no endings.

Ray gave us so much. Nobody could possibly ask for more. But I hope this board prospers, and that friends will continue to meet here to share our continuing enjoyment of his work.

Actually, I lied. If there's more, I'll take it! Where's that Nemo book? Smiler

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post