Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It's good to have friends in high places!

Tell us, would there be an intro or afterword by our favorite author?

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The big question is, will a horrible oversight from "The Stories of Ray Bradbury" be corrected? Will they put in "The Pedestrian"?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember Sascha?
Junior
That Woman on the Lawn
February 1999: Ylla
Banshee
One for His Lordship, and One for the Road!
The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair
The Unterderseaboat Doktor
Another Fine Mess
The Dwarf

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I love "The Dwarf". I'd forgotten it was not in the first collection.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so relieved to see that this is not merely a reprint of the previous collection. So far, no overlap at all from what I can see.

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DUH! I just noticed on the cover pic that it says "with an introduction by the author". So I guess that answers my question.

posted Hide Post
Introduction by Ray, no Afterword.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Wild Night in Galway
The Wind
No News, or What Killed the Dog?
A Little Journey
Any Friend of Nicholas Nickelby's is a Friend of Mine
The Garbage Collector
The Visitor
The Man
Henry the Ninth
The Messiah

("A Little Journey" can be taken off the uncollected list when this collection appears.)

posted Hide Post
Bang! You're Dead!
Darling Adolf
The Beautiful Shave
Colonel Stonesteel's Genuine Home-made Truly Egyptian Mummy
I See You Never
The Exiles
At Midnight, in the Month of June
The Witch Door
The Watchers
2004-05: The Naming of Names

"The Beautiful Shave" has never been collected, and "The Watchers" was collected only in the "Dark Carnival" limited edition.

posted Hide Post
Wow! This looks like its shaping up to be a great selection. I'm also unfamiliar with "A Wild Night in Galway." Anyone know in what collection it first appeared?

Great stuff!

Best,

Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Naming of Names' ...is still one of my favorite. Was ....'The Concrete Mixer'... listed? (Or am I thinking about something else?)
What about...
'John Huff's Leavetaking'
...and 'Illuminations'?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopscotch
The Illustrated Man
The Dead Man
June 2001: -- And the Moon Be Still As Bright
The Burning Man
G.B.S. -- Mark V
A Blade of Grass
The Sound of Summer Running
And the Sailor, Home from the Sea
The Lonely Ones

Two more previously uncollected titles here, "A Blade of Grass" and "The Lonely Ones." Both qualify as "lost" Martian stories which should appear in our "Second Martian Chronicles" volume. (The hardest thing there might be establishing story order--these "lost" ones lack dates!) In just 100 stories including so many previously collected, it doesn't seem that this volume can include all uncollected stories, but it is certainly making a good start.

posted Hide Post
The Finnegan
On the Orient, North
The Smiling People
The Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl
Bug
Downwind from Gettysburg
Time in Thy Flight
Changeling
The Dragon
Let's Play "Poison"

"The Smiling People" and "Changeling" are in the "Anthologized, but not Collected" category, and "Let's Play 'Poison'" has appeared only in foreign or limited editions. "Downwind from Gettysburg" has been collected, and made my "shoulda been in the first 100" list, so it's great to see it here.

posted Hide Post
The Cold Wind and the Warm
The Meadow
The Kilimanjaro Device
The Man in the Rorschach Shirt
Bless Me, Father, for I Have Sinned
The Pedestrian
Trapdoor
The Swan
The Sea Shell
Once More, Legato

"The Sea Shell" is another which has appeared only in anthologies or limited editions.

posted Hide Post
"The Smiling People" was published in England in the collection 'The Small Assassin,' and *may* have been included in Dark Carnival - it certainly dates from that period.

Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post