Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales
 Login/Join

posted
Anybody got the scoop on this? Amazon.com lists it as due August 2003 from William Morrow.

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not much to consider:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/006054242X/qid=1043871300/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/102-8092480-9101745?v=glance&s=books&n=507846#product-details

Maybe some other searches will open up additional background.

The Stories of RB, 884 pages, by Alfred Knopf, 1981. This is still available, I believe.

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 01-29-2003).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It could be a second volume of "The Stories of Ray Bradbury." A long time ago I heard something about one but am not sure it ever appeared, so this could be it.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Different title and different publisher. I wonder if it isn't a second volume, as Dandelion speculates. I went ahead and pre-ordered based on that assumption. If it turns out differently, I have plenty of time to cancel the order.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting! But why not simply do a "second edition" of the Stories of Ray Bradbury, again with 100 stories, but including the stories of the last 20 years?

To make it especially interesting, the story selections could be reconsidered completely, making it possible to include unjustly omitted stories. For me, "The Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl" is the best example of such a story.

I reckon a good 60 to 80 of the originally included stories would again make the final list, though.

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was disappointed that it neglected "The Pedestrian".

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I definitely missed "Downwind from Gettysburg."

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, anyone hoping for a really nice cover is probably not going to be real thrilled with this:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/006054242X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It's not as bad as the other Bradbury Stories cover, but it isn't exactly inspiring.

Hope the inside is better.

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that supposed to be patriotic? I don't like it.

posted Hide Post
Pretty gaudy. Would have been nice to have one of Ray's paintings as a cover.

posted Hide Post
Is there anywhere online that I can see Ray's art work? (I've never had the privilege.)

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Some of his paintings are in "An Illustrated Life" including the ones that Gauntlet has used. He did a great painting of "The Halloween Tree" which I beleive according to an interview I had seen of his, inspired him to write that book. Gauntlet should publish an edition of that book using his painting as the cover.It would also be great if there was some source where we could purchase large size prints of his art.

Posts: 10 | Location: freehold,nj,usa | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I enjoyed looking at those. I can't afford the books, but it was fun to look at some of his art work. (Maybe some day....)

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 04-18-2003).]

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This just in. Wonder no longer as to the contents. On Tuesday I received a mystery package from...*someone*...at HarperCollins. The fact that no one has e-mailed could be accounted for by my inbox being so full it's not accepting all mail, but you'd think they'd at least enclose a NOTE or something! I've been trying to find out for four months who I'm supposed to be in touch with there...and still no copy of "Let's All Kill Constance." (Could that be on its way, *with* a note? One can hope....) Anyhow, *whoever* it was sent an uncorrected proof of "Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales," so I will post the table of contents 10 stories at a time. Here are the first 10:
The Whole Town's Sleeping
The Rocket
Season of Disbelief
And the Rock Cried Out
The Drummer Boy of Shiloh
The Beggar on O'Connell Bridge
The Flying Machine
Heavy-Set
The First Night of Lent
Lafayette, Farewell