Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The re-make of 451??

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The re-make of 451??
 Login/Join

posted
Am new to the board. My mother mentioned last week that Ray B. announced that Mel Gibson was starring in a re-make of F451. Now, I don't know if she her news wrong or if this is true. I KNOW a re-make of the movie had been in the works for many years at ICON Productions (Mel's film shingle), but it died a few years ago. So...has it cropped up again? Anyone know?

Posts: 1 | Location: los angeles, ca | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did hear/read something to the effect that F451 was going to be re-made; I want to say Mel Gibson is having something to do with it, but I can't be 100% sure.

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me jump in here real quick: some time back, Gibson's company was involved with a re-make of F-451. That never panned out but I understand Frank Darabont is now on board and the last I heard that's still a go. But, no, sadly, Gibson is no longer involved.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The thread with the most recent detail (including photos of Bradbury and Darabont) is here:
http://www.raybradbury.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000987.html

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post