Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    title of short story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

title of short story
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know the title of a short story about soul mates and what book it appears in?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 31 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair," from The Toynbee Convector book. It's the best short-story I've ever read.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ravenswake, you may have caught my post of this before, but after speaking with Ray about the Laurel and Hardy Love Affair (one of my favorites as well) he said that it was definitely autobiographical.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vicky:
Does anyone know the title of a short story about soul mates and what book it appears in?

Could it be "Nothing Changes"?

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane 1, over the last several years, I've given at least a half-dozen copies of The Toynbee Convector as gifts to friends because of that story. I had seen your previous post about it, and I'd always thought as much. There are moments in life that take the wind out of you, make you believe in real magic--reading this story always gives me that.

"Nothing Changes," from Driving Blind, is also a good possibility. Nico, I had to re-read it to remember, but it's an interesting twist on the soulmate idea.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenswake:
"Nothing Changes," from Driving Blind, is also a good possibility. Nico, I had to re-read it to remember, but it's an interesting twist on the soulmate idea.

Twas the first thing that came to mind, although the other stories mentioned here are also good candidates.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post