Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Watch/ Listen. "Ray Tribute"BBC i-player tv Doc & Radio play sunday 24th June 12

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watch/ Listen. "Ray Tribute"BBC i-player tv Doc & Radio play sunday 24th June 12
 Login/Join

posted
Hi One and all,

Only jusy come across this by chance, but finally a TV tribute programme about Ray Bradbury's life
* the Illustrated man, live on UK tv this evening on BBC Four,at 11.30pm (50 mins)
also * bbc radio adaption of golden apples and the one who waits radio plays, (30 mins)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/s...0of%20Ray%20Bradbury

(**both available online Bbc i-player for the next week, not sure if anything else, more shows to come but keep you posted,
looking forward to them,....enjoy

Best regards Dave

Posts: 67 | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You for posting this, dave/l'pool!
Will continue to tune in for this series.
The video is not viewable in the US, though.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The video dave mentions is the 1980 BBC OMNIBUS film RAY BRADBURY: THE ILLUSTRATED MAN. This hasn't been shown on UK TV for a long time - my own recording of it is an off-air VHS recording from a 1982 repeat.

I gave a blow-by-blow account of the film (or the first half of it, at least) on my website. Go to the "Bradbury Film & TV" link and look for OMNIBUS.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post