Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I would like to ask a question

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I would like to ask a question
 Login/Join

posted
I read a short story when I was a kid some 50 years ago. I think it was a Bradbury story but I have not been able to find it. The story was set in probably Mexico. A husband and wife are in a small town and something catastrophic has happened in the USA. The man lets a cigarette burn the table in the hotel and thinks it is typical of Americans in a foreign country. The final scene is the may walking thru the town square and seeing meat hanging with flies crawling on the meat. He slaps the meat and the flies lift. If anyone knows this story I would appreciate knowing the title. Thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 June 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"And the Rock Cried Out," by Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And the Rock Cried Out," by Ray Bradbury

Thank you so much for your help.

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 June 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad as always to be of service!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of Ray Bradbury's best science fiction stories. He first collected it in the original version of FAHRENHEIT 451, which contained two stories besides the novel. Next, it appeared in the UK-only collection THE DAY IT RAINED FOREVER. In 1965, it was in THE VINTAGE BRADBURY, and in 2003, it appeared in BRADBURY STORIES: 100 OF HIS MOST CELEBRATED TALES. The last two titles are probably the easiest to find.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yorkinson:
The story was set in probably Mexico.

Uruguay, yes?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post