Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Any new Bradbury on the radar

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any new Bradbury on the radar
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Does anyone know of any planned Bradbury new releases outside of limited editions? Short story collections? Novels?

Thanks,

Brad

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now And Forever has just been published (hardcover from Bradbury's mainstream publisher Wm Morrow), featuring two novellas.

I'm not aware of anything else in the pipeline, but others may know of something.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe it was jkt who was just telling me a few weeks ago (it was over supper at Falling Upward, wasn't it?) about the next couple books on the old radar.

jkt, are you at liberty to bring this to a public forum?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I believe it was jkt who was just telling me a few weeks ago (it was over supper at Falling Upward, wasn't it?) about the next couple books on the old radar.

I'll ask.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know anything about the Martian Chronicles edition that was to be published by Hill House? I am still waiting for mine.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Hardcover: Golden Apples of the Sun
Publisher: Subterranean Press; Deluxe Limited Edition edition (November 12, 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1596061367
ISBN-13: 978-1596061361

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
Anyone know anything about the Martian Chronicles edition that was to be published by Hill House? I am still waiting for mine.

Patrask: Since I forgot to order this edition, shame on me, I went to www.hillhousepublishers.com and saw that it is listed as being available for April '07. So I called the phone number listed on the site. To my suprise I got a recording that says the number has been discontined, 914.945.0208 Bummer

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
If you happen to be near the Los Angeles Convention Center on Sunday.

Title: A Conversation with Ray & Marty: The Science of Fiction
Date: Sunday, October 14
Time: 1:30 PM - 2:45 PM
Event Type: Session
Presenters: Ray Bradbury, Martin Sklar, Leonard Maltin , Karen Corbin, Roberta Perry
Description: Science and fiction have long informed one another in popular culture. Today, driven in part by the explosion of electronic communication into leisure activities, the interplay between the two is pushing boundaries for each. Come and listen to Ray Bradbury, Pulitzer Prize winning science fiction writer, and Martin Sklar, former Vice-Chairman and Principal Creative Executive of Walt Disney Imagineering, two giants behind the science and fiction of television, films, theme parks and interactive entertainment. Find out how to program science to the next generation! Ray and Marty will be interviewed by Leonard Maltin, lifelong film critic and author of Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide.

Theme: Current Science
Notes: Sponsored by Edwards Technologies, Inc. and Panasonic

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
While a limited edition and therefore not really what bsanez24 was asking about, I thought I would mention again that the U.K. publisher, PS Publishing, is scheduled to release a new limited edition of DANDELION WINE at the end of this year, with an introduction by Stephen King. Those with the financial means to purchase the deluxe 100-copy limited edition signed by both Ray and Stephen King will also receive a second book called SUMMER MORNING, SUMMER NIGHT, a volume of all collected and uncollected Greentown, Illinois stories with dust jacket art by Ray himself. For details, click on the following link:

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/cat/dw.asp

Posts: 2468 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:

Patrask: Since I forgot to order this edition, shame on me, I went to www.hillhousepublishers.com and saw that it is listed as being available for April '07. So I called the phone number listed on the site. To my suprise I got a recording that says the number has been discontined, 914.945.0208 Bummer

I did send them an email yesterday, but I haven't heard from them for a long time. I was one of the lucky few who joined the (rather) exclusive Ray Bradbury Book Club at Hill House, and pre-paid for a number of editions, of which I received only the first, a very nicely done edition of The Cat's Pajamas. I was told that, as an early subscriber, I would get a copy of The Martian Chronicles, when it finally came out. It just kept getting later and later? I hope to hear from Peter Schneider on the book soon?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask,

I had received a reply a few months back from the woman that they had hired to "finally manage their communications" with customers better....doesn't seem to be working too well.

I had also signed up for that Ray Bradbury group before it was ended early, except for Martian Chronicles. They last word from they communications person said Sept. '07 for the release date. Right now I am just hoping they have not closed up, as the phone number was disconnected.

Does anyone know if Hill House is definitely still open or God forbid, closed?

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post