Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Few Books Coming Out This Year

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Few Books Coming Out This Year
 Login/Join

posted
We’ll Always Have Paris ~ February

I Live by the Invisible ~ March

Marionette’s Inc ~ April

Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451: The Authorized Adaptation (Hardcover Graphic Novel) with Illustrations by Tim Hamilton ~ July

The EC Archives: Tales From The Crypt Volume 4 (v. 4) ~ July

Halloween Tree ’09 ~ October

Bullet Trick ~ Fall

Mystery Omnibus ~ release unknown

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which of these books contain new work and which are re-releases?

Thanks.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Lake:
Which of these books contain new work and which are re-releases?

Thanks.

Paris has 22 never been in print before stories (I love the golden retriever...you'll have to wait to know what I mean.)

Marionettte's Inc has a mix as does Bullet Tirck.

The Illustrated 451 has old words but new pretty pictures.

I Live by the Invisible is a book of recent poetry some in print before, most not.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Halloween Tree '09 just a reissue?

--
jJ

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, I almost forgot the National Geographic special edition issue on SPACE (on newsstands now) with an article by Mr. B. Not a book but still...

https://secure.customersvc.com/maitrd/ngs/explore_space/joinin.html

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetJagger:
Is Halloween Tree '09 just a reissue?

--
jJ

I believe this is a special edition, but to be honest I've not investigated further.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I LIVE BY THE INVISIBLE is a poetry collection first published in 2002 by an publisher in Ireland, Salmon Poetry. The book has been re-issued with additional poems and a new cover, and appears to be now available directly from the publisher for 14 Euros (approximately $18.75 at the current exchange rate). Here is a link to the publisher's website. I ordered the original volume from Salmon Poetry on-line when it first came out, and was pleased with their service:

http://www.salmonpoetry.com/

Posts: 2452 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. That's the one I have. Nice edition for a paperback.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope that there are some older, uncollected stories that will see print this year. I enjoy the newer stories as much as the older stories, but there is something special about reading a "new" story from Bradbury - written in the 1950's

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always in interesting question with a great author. Is there a prime where the old stuff is better than the new stuff? I have enjoyed his new work, and look forward to getting them, but has he produced anything like, "The Skeleton" or "The Dwarf", or "Rocket Man" or "The Veldt" or "All Summer in a Day"? Some of this question is a question of what constitutes the creative output of an author, but some is simply that time establishes some classics. What, from recent publications, would any of you nominate as "future classics" for Mr. Bradbury?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post