Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New website
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New website
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
dandelion/Richard: thanks for the detail on "The Jail". If anyone can provide any pictures from this production - frame grabs, photos taken from TV screen, anything - please let me know.

I've had a busy weekend trying to get all the book/story listings done so that I can begin to concentrate on the media pages once again. Latest addition to the site is a short story finder, accessible from the Books page. Please, o experts, look at this and let me know of any mistakes you find!
http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in5379

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've updated my site again, this time with more detailed and accurate bibliographic info. Every collection of Bradbury short stories (except for 100 of his most celebrated...) now has full detail on first appearances.

There are one or two inconsistencies, due to conflicting sources, but I naturally welcome corrections.

I've also added some more cover scans. A huge thanks to October Country for providing most of the new scans.

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent site.

Here are two books to add. If I had a scanner, I would send you covers. (I need to invest in a decent one.)

SWITCH ON THE NIGHT.
Ray Bradbury
Alfred A. Knopf, NY. 1955, renewed 1983

THE GHOSTS OF FOREVER.
Ray Bradbury
Rizzoli International Publications, Inc., NY. 1980.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aha! I have some scans of these, but haven't got round to using them yet. I feel another update coming on...

Phil

posted Hide Post
Impressive, Philnic. I Love it and can't wait to watch it grow! What a great reference. Thank you!

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here we go again: another update to my site http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in5379

After spending some time dealing with bibliographic minutiae, I'm trying to get back to the original purpose of the site, which is to catalogue Brabury's work in the media. To this end, I bring you a couple of short audio clips and some of Bradbury's comments on the films Beast from 20,000 Fathoms and It Came from Outer Space.

Plus some more book covers.

I hope you enjoy!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Phil, your Ray Bradbury website just keeps getting better and better. Congratulations on a job well done, and many thanks.

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PN: Now that is a collection of RB book covers!! Site is becoming definitive.

As I said, you are like (A positive) Acton in "Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl!" I am looking forward to more "fingerprints" being added to this site.

Thanks!fp

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 09-19-2003).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for the weekly update. This week, as well as yet more cover scans, I've put up some new pages under "Film & TV" - one for Jane Wyman's Fireside Theater, one for Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and one showing Bradbury's views on film from the year 1964!

Come on over! http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in5379

Phil

posted Hide Post
Wow. Awesome. I think I still have a few book covers that aren't up there. It's just a matter of scanning them & sending them to you. Hopefully to-morrow. Great site, once again.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would you prefer any particular image size or format? If not I'll just assume you can resiz 'em once you get them. I figure jpegs would be the easiest thing to send in an email.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Groon,

Thanks for the images you sent. Almost any picture format is OK with me, but JPEGs are probably easiest to deal with. My preferred size is about 500 pixels high; preferred file size is 100kB or less.

Phil

posted Hide Post
By now, you've probably gotten my scans. Hope the format is ok.

posted Hide Post
Thanks to groon, there are some more cover scans on my site now.

I've also added a page about Fahrenheit 451 - the stage play and a few other bits and pieces.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Phil, I just picked up a copy of An Illustrated Life at my local public library. I'm pretty sure you probably have it already, but just in case you don't, you gotta get it. It seems like it'd be right up your alley.
Anyone else who hasn't seen this book, it's a great collection of the iconography associated with Ray's work, and plenty of great pictures of Ray from years past.