Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray's Appearance on Dennis Miller

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's Appearance on Dennis Miller
 Login/Join

posted
I spoke with Ray on Friday, that day after his appearance pn Dennis Miller's show and he said that he enjoyed being there very much. He was touched by the fact that Dennis Miller told him that he had been a fan for many years and very much liked his work.

His appearance was far too short, but as Ray mentioned to me, that is often the problem with talk shows and having an agenda that has to be followed.

The thought of his being honored on a 60 Minutes or Dateline segment paying homage to such a literary treasure as Ray Bradbury should certainly be considered by the major networks.

Perhaps Ray's health will allow him to have a follow-up appearance on a show in the near future.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 07-19-2004).]

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dennis Miller was doubtless rightfully flattered and thrilled as hell that Ray was the one who asked to be on his show!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all,

60 minutes, is in the works, that's my next project. I have a meeting this week, with the west coast,branch.
Cross your fingers.

Take care
Patrick

Posts: 89 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bravo!! Ray is so lucky to have you as a friend. Fingers crossed and all amulets buffed and polished. Keep us posted.

[This message has been edited by Green Shadow (edited 07-19-2004).]

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My hat is off to Patrick. What a proactive guy! And when you think of all the baloney that is currently being discussed (and cussed)on these shows that is depressing and not a very good reflection on our country, what better to encourage young people and bolster us older ones than to see a living treasure being interviewed on a national TV show.

Hey, I am almost finished with "The Cat's Pajamas" and I am enjoying it so much, especially the title story "The Cat's Pajamas." What a cute story.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're the greatest, Patrick. Ever since Ray lost his wife I have been a little worried about him, but it helps to know you are always looking out for him. I hope you are successful in getting him on the show. I'll send positive thought waves from Illinois!!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GO PATRICK!!!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion,

You appear to be an early riser and I am keeping in mind the time difference between your location and Florida. Say I have tried to email you, but the address that I have in my address book and the address that you have with your posts does not seem to work at this time. Have you perhaps changed it?

But I second and third and fourth your GO PATRICK. I am glad that there is someone keeping an eye on Ray. When I called last Friday a women answered the phone and that gave me assurance that Ray is being assisted when he might need it.