Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fire Drill
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fire Drill
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Wow! This is almost like Instant Messaging.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
your right! i see you!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are you Greg? It is now 12:07 AM here in Florida. Wait a minute. Aren't the new owners of the web site in California? If that is the case then that is why the time is three hours earlier than here, because it is 9:09 in California right now. Interesting!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm right here in your picture frame...oops. Too much Capachino and Hendrix tonight. Sorry biplane, I am in Louisville, Ky. Time here 12:43 a.m. by my count. My nightowl me says don't worry about that other guy, daytime me. But then my daytime me damns my nightime me and the fix and feel he has put him through for another day of agony. However, sometimes daytime me triumphs and wins the day by going to bed at a respectable time slot, thereby making all who encounter him think what a nice lad he is, not guessing at the goofus and gallant turmoil raging within. I'm sorry biplane, did I write that out loud. I hope I didn't scare anyone.

...mist is swirling, creatures crawling, hear the roar get louder in your ears....david gilmour.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg, I, too, am a night owl. I had always heard that as you get older you can get by with less sleep and I think that it is true. Unfortunately, or fortunately as it might be, I have sleep apnea and sleep with a breathing machine which allows me to sleep more deeply and fully.

Naps in the afternoon are good and when I can sneak one in I will. I know that Ray usually takes an afternoon nap.

And now, too, at 1:30 AM (Florida time) I will repair to the bedroom, don my mask (I look like a jet fighter with the hose leading off to the machine)and sink into blissful sleep. Adieu all.

posted Hide Post
B-Two, I might have gotten your meaning wrong, do you have a picture of you yourself or a pic of a Something Wicked poster? Either way, I do want to see it. That poster I have is the only one, I was very lucky to get it. Although its not vintage. How can I see your picture?

biplane, that must be trying to wear that at night. I know several people who have that and they said it wasn't as hard as they thought to get used to it. Liked your pic by the way, you look like you write, very friendly and nice and amiable. Plus I can see that you know how to have fun, you have a youthful countenance. In a way, you look like a kid.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

posted Hide Post
Obviously I was wrong about posting pictures - I must have been thinking about the old board, where you could only link to a picture but not upload. I'm pleased to see that biplane1 figured it out.

That Something Wicked poster of Robot Lincoln's is the Joe Mugnaini cover art for the original British publication of the novel!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robot Lincoln, thank you for the compliment. I do feel young although aches and pains are catching up with me. I will be 62 this coming September and when I think that my mother was only 62 when she died of cancer, I feel so bad for her as I now know that she wasn't feeling old either.

I have asked Ray if he has pain and he says that he doesn't and I am glad for him.

The picture that I was speaking of is the one that I posted. It was such a beautiful day and I love the ocean. Aruba Cafe is one of a few that is right on the beach. So much beach front has been taken over by towering condo buildings or hotels and access is limited to guests and residents.

In one of Ray's essays about LA he speaks of having breakfast in Malibu, lunch in the mountains, dinner in the desert at Palm Springs and then getting back home at midnight.

We are so fortunate in that the beach is only 12 miles from our place and we are less than two miles from the Everglades.

From reading his essays Ray has been to Florida quite a few times.

I think that posters of Ray's book covers would be a nice side business for a publisher.
And I am sure that Ray, for the right remuneration, would give permission for their being printed.

posted Hide Post
biplane, you sure don't look that old. I can't remember, do you still fly. I recall a post about you flying. Regarding the poster, I had the opportunity to have it done and it was a one time shot, so I took it. Recently, for the first time in 13 years, I am able to have my own office with a door. It was in the dining room and it was hard to concentrate with kids, dogs, going through plus the noise factor. I didn't realize until I fixed it up in here, how much I needed it. I absolutely love Mugnaini's artwork. I was going to have several in my office but alas, it was not to be. It is very special to me as I am a big fan of the artist and the author. I figured, I am just a dust mote in the scheme of things, and I wasn't doing it for money, just a love of the esthetic.

philnic, I was just letting you know on the pictures, wasn't totally sure myself. The poster's not an original, but I do love it.

biplane, I just read your letter to Alexandra, very nice. Do you have a copy of the poem Ray wrote for Richard Bach? Can you post it if you do?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

posted Hide Post
No I don't have a copy. I am wondering if it might be in one of Ray's poetry collections. I have been lax in obtaining them and should do that soon.

I know that Alexandra checks the website out once in a while and so am hoping that she might respond.

For many years I worked as an independent contractor and where ever we rented a house, I had to have an office, with a door. Now I work in an office and have no need for one at home. Don't forget to take it as a tax deduction.

posted Hide Post
OH! OH! I'M HERE! I'M HERE!!!

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you’re here. Where were you, asleep under the tarp in the boat?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never let your mind run forward faster than your vessel...(tryin Lord, tryin)

Replenish the source within.

(seen on a waterbottle dispensing machine by the pool in Destin Fla. while vacationing)

posted Hide Post
Hello Imskipper, hope you are well. What are you reading for pleasure and to your students? I'm almost finished with Lucifers Hammer, its ok, but it just doesn't have poetic profoundness, no heart. Gonna start Dandelion's next. Won't be long till breaktime, I can't beleive its almost upon us again. I haven't heard anything new from Waukegan. Last I checked, there wasn't anything up yet for October. Well, just wanted to say hi, take care.Smiler