Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fire Drill
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fire Drill
 Login/Join

posted
Alright people, this is a fire drill. I need to see the hands of everyone who found their way back here as you file past. Braling, good to see you made it back unscathed. Boy, its a pleasure to burn!

We'd better watch our p's and q's or we might get exiled or worse, sold off. By the way, where's Dandelion, haven't read of her in the midst of all this. Also, we better send up flares for Chapter31. She is having trouble finding us.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need a show of hands, eh?
OK. All of you who believe in telekinesis -
raise my hand!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just passing through but thought I'd give a wave, per Robot Lincoln's request. Hope the others find their way.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just checking in, hoping this site doesn't vanish again!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pay no attention to that robot behind the curtain. Although I may write like a goil from time to time (and what’s wrong with that, Franklin did it), when clicking my heels together three times (as instructed by Mr. Lincoln) I distinctly noticed guy shoes. I bear a slight resemblance to Sean Connery, Harrison Ford and Gabby Hays, have never worn a truss and am for sure a good old US of A dude. But words can be deceiving. That little matter of clarification concluded, on to more important things.

I hope, I really hope that this seeming reality known as the new board doesn’t once again turn into some ethereal thing and leave me and others floating in the void towards the old board (love it as I do). I have no sense of clarity regarding it. It appears that at certain times of day it is here and at others it is not. Time will tell if there is any reliability in it.

Now to the most important thing of all. Thank you once again, dandelion for the hard work you must have put into solving “this little mix-up”. I can only imagine the pressures and stress you must have been under and want you to know how sincerely I appreciate all of your efforts.

Best.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh MY GOD!!! I could have sworn somebody addressed you as a lady! I need to stop ditchin clue school, I am so sorry sir! I pictured you as a shapely brunette with a sultry voice, high pragmatic intellect, a little nose that crinkles when you laugh, ok, ok, stop! All that aside, it just doesn't matter to me!(said in a Jerry Seinfeld voice) I've fallen for you! Call me, 555-555-1212, please.

p.s. it was the Sean Connery reference that really clenched it for me. Only me and you can see this post right?

p.s.s. all kiddin aside, sorry dude, still friends? and I said I wouldn't be "off topic". sorry all.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a wild colonial boy here who loves the lassies but lives a civilized life. And you sir, no problem. As I said, words can be deceiving. But you do give the term space travel a feverish new meaning. “A little nose that crinkles,” indeed.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess they put the mirror back in the mirror maze, 'cause I am the same as I was again. May the fat Laughing lady keep on laughing as we make our way through the maze of life.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion here. Feeling a bit disoriented. Must have drunk something that didn't agree with me.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask,
Is this to whom you refer?
http://themeparks.about.com/b/a/086268.htm

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brailing II: That is she! One of these was placed over the entrance to the mirror maze on the old Ocean Park Pier - which later became known, after a makeover, as Pacific Ocean Park. I worked in the park when I was in high school, '59-'60, and loved to listen to the laughing lady cackle at the customers as they entered the mirror maze. Who knows, maybe the dwarf found her enticing as well, and wound up in Ray's story. I saw the one pictured in your link several years ago in San Francisco at the Museum of Mechanical Marvels, where she was still cackling for a quarter. I am glad to see that she is alive again. She is much like the Tarot Witch in Danelion Wine and will forever remain a permanent memory for me. Thanks for the link = gave me a thrill again!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We eneavor to give satisfaction, sir.

posted Hide Post
pterran, and patrask, thanks for responding, and welcome back. You two may leave early today, you were the only ones that didn't talk during the fire drill. The rest of you, drop and give me fifty...

posted Hide Post
Oh my!!! I am so sorry to report that I, too, thought of Chapter 31 as a young woman from the first day of Chapter 31s post asking th question as to where the name came from.

I have detected that Chapter 31 is of the generation (or pretty darn close to it) that I am, having graduated from high school in the year 1962 from Ottumwa High School (where Tom Arnold later attended)situated on a bluff over looking the Des Moines river.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane,

Hello and welcome back! I have still been floating between boards and am starting to feel like I'm in the movie Slauterhouse-Five. I think it was Chapter31's eloquent and insightful writing that made me think of a woman and then my imagination of course kicked in. I teased him a little after, I sincerely hope I didn't piss him off. If I did, I'm sorry. I went back and re-read a bunch of posts and he is right about many authors and men of science, not writing like a woman, but writing with feeling, insight, and very intelligent. He mentioned Benjamin Franklin as one, Darwin was another, Thoreau, Emerson, Frost, this list is long. I may change my name to Robot Franklin, its closer to lightning.