Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What Mel Gibson has 'started'.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Mel Gibson has 'started'.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nard:

All I said was that most of the world's major religions have similarities.

Some have a savior legend, some don't. Many recommend against theft and murder. Most encourage kindness to your fellow man.

What seems to be most seriously lacking overall is a willingness to consider other points of view without an immediate and visceral defensive response.

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jfaronson

Okay! Fair enough.

Hope to see Ray next week...and ask him just how much involvement Mel Gibson has with Fahrenheit 451, which Ray said he still has...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard:

Have a great time in sunny California. If you get a chance, please tell him the girl who kissed his cheek at the Mars convention says, "Hi!"

The facts of your Mel Gibson conversation should be very interesting.

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jfaronson:

Hmm!! You got a name and face to go with that kiss for Ray in early January?

(Can Gibson's movie hit 1/2 Billion $$s? Some say it's possible. It opens in a lot of countries next week, including Mexico. People who would NEVER crack open a Bible, are doing so.)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard:

My name is Julie Aronson. If Ray's vision is failing, he might remember long dark hair and a yellow coat.

A friend took some pictures, but I've been irrationally afraid of getting them developed. I'll be SO bummed if they're not good!

posted Hide Post

If this b�s you, Ms. Aronson, I'ze been inspired to write
.........*wait for it*.........
The Bone On Chronicles
*ta da*

Posts: 31 | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not quite. I do my best to avoid the cheap and trashy look.

Leave me alone.

posted Hide Post
Asked Ray has he heard from Mel Gibson lately, and he said 'No!' But that Gibson still has an important involvement in the production. Again, didn't elaborate, but I would conjecture that it is monetary. Frank Darabont, on the other hand, is working hard on the script for 'Fahrenheit 451'.

'The Passion of the Christ' ...is causing some furor around the world this weekend, and more next weekend, as it is being slapped with tough ratings. Mexico gave it something close to an 'X' rating, causing the studios to get into an uproar. And Asia, where it opens upcoming week, slapped it with another tough rating.
Again, are some ratings a form of Censorship? Is a guide to values? In this case, this movie doesn't fit the ratings bill very easily.

Israel won't even let it be shown in their theaters...

France says NO...to showing 'The Passion...' in the theaters...

Asia: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/76654/1/.html

France: http://omega.cohums.ohio-state.edu/mailing_lists/CLA-L/2004/03/0000.php

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 03-22-2004).]

posted Hide Post
im sorry to have to bring up the PASSION on Mr. Bradbury's site but...
Nard , you keep putting Mel down please stop.
The Passion is what it is and if you dont belive in it then dont see it it is what the Christan belive in. It was an event that happened in History and many Non-christan sorces including: Tacitus -A roman historian who was noted fpr his accurate reporting who noted the execution of Christ.
Flavius Josephus- a first cnetury Roamanized Jewish Historian who in him famous work ANTIQUITIES OF THE JEWS that Jesus lived prefomed miracles , had a large following was Crucified and reportedly risian from the dead. Also note you may say Mel Gibson did not follow the Gospels but he clearly states then he got many passages he used from the many MYSTICS > written by authors divinly inspried...Mel Gipson has not started any thing he just simply put out a movie about whta he belives in , there are many religious movies about other faiths ..agin i say it is what it is and if you dont what to see it then dont ,

Posts: 6 | Location: fairfax, VA ,USA | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tete a tete

Pal... you better check your notes. You obvously got me mixed up with somebody else...

Welcome, anyway.... as a first timer....

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jfaronson:
Not quite. I do my best to avoid the cheap and trashy look.

Leave me alone.

Posts: 31 | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw 'The Passion of the Christ" for the second time this evening... and found it more intense and well done...than first showing.

In the last couple weeks, sent Mel Gibson letters to 3 different addresses.. asking if he would be so kind to send Bradbury a personal invitation to see the movie.
Well, no reply yet.
Maybe sometime near the year 2010 !!?
Sent a letter to a supposed friend of his in Santa Monica, to Icon Productions, and another to some company address. (Gibson's address doesn't seem to be listed in any 'archive' or star search that I am aware of online...at least so far...)

I asked Ray if he was up to see the movie...and he replied he wasn't ...at least at the time I asked him. Perhaps a personal invite from Mel just might 'tempt' him.( Hm! Is that the right choice of word?)

posted Hide Post
Well, I guess Ray can sense bad things and stay away from them.
Cheers, Pawel

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay. That did it. Back up your claim.... or be considered an idiot....

posted Hide Post
I saw The Passion of the Christ and thought it was excellent.

But I'm not sure that I think Mr. Bradbury would enjoy it much. I think, for Bradbury, the idea of someone paying for someone else's sin through a brutal beating, may not hold much significance. Bradbury seems to see relgion as something an individual experiences in order to find meaning, direction or a sense of wholeness; rather than a way of balancing scales of justice in a large, cosmic sense. Just a guess, but I'm not sure Bradbury would enjoy it much from a theological perspective. He may enjoy the cinematography or music or whatever, but I don't think the theological impact of the brutality of the beating would resonate with him.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post