Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Subterranean MARTIAN CHRONICLES thread...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Subterranean MARTIAN CHRONICLES thread...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Well let me correct myself,Dawn to Dusk is from Gauntlet ,and the one i forgot A Pleasure to Burn is coming from Subteranean Press,sorry folks.So much Bradbury coming out this year great stuff.

Posts: 26 | Location: Poole Dorset uk | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Generally, I'm not a fan of the artwork Subterranean uses. But this volume has so much great stuff that I can't resist the purchase.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really think the production will exceed the original planned Hill House edition with the additional artwork, etc. I don't mind the delay...it was getting to be an expensive first couple of months of the year with all the books coming out.

There is no official word, but since they are going with marbled paper sides I'm guessing the dust jacket has been decided against...?

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any word on how many copies were bought in advance? Do people plan to buy through Amazon.com again...just in case?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re- Dandelion, I haven`t seen anything on Amazon about this book and i don`t really think it will be on sale through them due to the cost,i live in the UK and i ordered my copy direct from Subteranean which i think is the best way ,"A Pleasure To Burn "is on pre order from Amazon and my order is in, also for the other Ray Bradbury stuff coming out this year.

Posts: 26 | Location: Poole Dorset uk | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think at this point it will only be available direct from Subterranean and a few specialty dealers but more than likely no commercial retailers....

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh!! This is amazing. I have not seen the list of uncollected stories until now. $300.00 is a lot of money for a book. Sigh. This is my favorite book.

Trying to justify $300.00 is difficult these days.

What do do?

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
re-djmonolith,yes your right $300.00 is a lot to pay and i have paid it as i do think this book will be woth every penny or cent as they have in the good old USA. Subteanean do great quality books and the work that has gone into this one should make it all worth while ,i can`t wait to get my steaming little hands on it it wont be long now.

posted Hide Post
One can compare this price to the F451 edition by Vagabond Press, sometimes called the Steadman edition. That's been five years and it was priced at $300.

Knowing the quality of SubPress's editions I had no problem paying for this new compilation.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed, just the uncollected Martian stories will be worth it. I suppose I will have to buy this as I will end up kicking myself daily if I don't.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found this interesting blurb on the Subterranian site:

"A Few Things to Note:
This SubPress/PS Publishing project will differ from the other publisher’s intended edition in a few ways:
Added introductions
Five new, full-color plates by Edward Miller commissioned especially for our edition
A 7 by 10 inch trim size to make this not only a work of art, but a readable volume
Printed in two colors throughout"

This implies that this collection may be released by other Publishers. Is this true?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djmonolith:
I found this interesting blurb on the Subterranian site:

"A Few Things to Note:
This SubPress/PS Publishing project will differ from the other publisher’s intended edition in a few ways:
Added introductions
Five new, full-color plates by Edward Miller commissioned especially for our edition
A 7 by 10 inch trim size to make this not only a work of art, but a readable volume
Printed in two colors throughout"

This implies that this collection may be released by other Publishers. Is this true?

If you read older emails about this book you will see than another publisher had the project. The project was resurrected by the good people at SubPress/PSPub.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well its nice to see that e mail this afternoon ,Subteranean are soo to ship out "Martian Chronicles Complete Adtion" should be with us soon.

posted Hide Post
Stewart's message sent me scurrying to the Subterranean website, where I found this confirmation:

http://subterraneanpress.com/i...s-arrives-this-week/

It's been a long wait!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You knew it was only a matter of time til I proclaimed "scurrying" to be a good word!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post