Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Subterranean MARTIAN CHRONICLES thread...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Subterranean MARTIAN CHRONICLES thread...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Any idea how many were sold and how many are available?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re- Dandelion,there are 500 Limited edtion copies at $300 and 26 Lettered copies at $900,but not sure how many have been sold i ordered and paid for mine last year.Its been a long wait but nearly there Smiler

Posts: 26 | Location: Poole Dorset uk | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stewart Green:
Re- Dandelion,there are 500 Limited edtion copies at $300 and 26 Lettered copies at $900,but not sure how many have been sold i ordered and paid for mine last year.Its been a long wait but nearly there Smiler

Hey all,

I don't have the spreadsheet open, but I believe we've moved in the neighborhood of 425 copies of the numbered edition and 25 copies of the lettered thus far.

Best,

Bill
SubPress

Subterranean Press
www.subterraneanpress.com

Posts: 12 | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is nearly here...I can't wait.

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes carcosa its nearly here they are shipping out next week ,a long wait it has been but i know it will be worth it.Lets hope that ash cloud moves well away i wouldn`t want my book being held up by that mess as i live here in the UK.

Posts: 26 | Location: Poole Dorset uk | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Subterranean Press:

Hey all,

I don't have the spreadsheet open, but I believe we've moved in the neighborhood of 425 copies of the numbered edition and 25 copies of the lettered thus far.

Best,

Bill
SubPress

Thanks, Bill! This is tough for me, as any money which may come my way between now and August must go towards my trip to Ray's birthday!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...my trip to Ray's birthday!

See you there!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they start to run seriously low long before then, maybe someone could let me know.

posted Hide Post
Re- dandelion,my e mail from Subteranean this afternoon states that there are only 40 copies of the numbered edition left ,looks like they are now moveing fast.

posted Hide Post
YYYYYYYAAAAAYYYY!!!!

Just got a UPS email via Subterranean which HAS to be for my Martian Chronicles and it will be here Monday!!! SWEET!!!!

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they accept payment in installments.

posted Hide Post
I just received this book today. It's a pretty nice production, Sub Press did a good job with this. My only problem is they used standard black cloth for the slipcase and the spine of the book. Black is horrible; the book was smudged within seconds of pulling it out of the plastic wrapping and in 5 minutes it looked like I had the book for a couple of years.

But really what is the best thing about this book is the inside. There are some great extras in hear to read, and I'm very excited to jump in. I just read The Martian Chronicles again about 6 months ago, so I'm not up for another reading right now, but there is basically another whole book of bonus material to read!

Also Edward Miller does a great job with the interior illustrations, full color, and some are fold out pages - very nice!

I think you'll all be happy with the book even with the smudging.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gguthrie:
...I think you'll all be happy with the book even with the smudging.

I hope that is several hundred dollars' worth of happy!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would putting a plastic or even a paper jacket on the book help?

posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope that is several hundred dollars' worth of happy!

Ah, that would be in the eye of the beholder. I can't comment on that.

@dandelion, I don't know? I've bought books like this before (Centipede Press) and I just leave them as is. I don't know if there is a way to cover them up or anything? So your guess is as good as mine. sorry.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post