Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Subterranean MARTIAN CHRONICLES thread...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Subterranean MARTIAN CHRONICLES thread...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hi all, you Bradbury fans out there,when my book arrived some weeks ago i noticed on the limitation page limited to 1000 signed and numbered copies,yet i just checked out the latest e mail from Subteranean and they are still stateing that it is limited to 500 copies .I have sent them an e mail with a photo of that page and asked them why they still say limited to 500 copies .Any of you guys mentioned this to them ?.

Posts: 26 | Location: Poole Dorset uk | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Subterranean used the Hill House tipsheets Ray had already signed (with the original limitation & Hill House graphic) when they published the book.

Posts: 79 | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew:
Subterranean used the Hill House tipsheets Ray had already signed (with the original limitation & Hill House graphic) when they published the book.
Hi Andrew thanks for your reply ,yes i remember now they did mention it when they started the project,i had forgotten about that its called getting old sob!!!

Posts: 26 | Location: Poole Dorset uk | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going slightly off-topic here, but since we were talking about the Heritage Press edition of The Martian Chronicles on this thread, as well as the Subterranean....

Anyone interested in obtaining other Heritage Press titles might want to have a look at those illustrated by Joseph Mugnaini, who of course is the artist so very much associated with Ray Bradbury. Apart from Bradbury's book, Mugnaini also illustrated these Heritage Press titles:

The Age of Fable or Stories of Gods and Heroes (1958)
Ben Hur: a Tale of the Christ (1960)
War of the Worlds & Time Machine (1964)

Heritage also published Around the World in 80 Days (1962), which had an introduction by Bradbury.

All four volumes mentioned above are fine additions to any library, and used copies of the Heritage printings are readily available at very reasonable prices on the secondary market.

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure there are many of us who could not afford to buy this beautiful volume. And many of us have always treasured The Martian Chronicles as our favorite book. We can only wonder at what these previously unreleased stories keep hidden in their pages.

Congratulations to those who were able to obtain this book and I can only hope that these stories will someday find their way into a more reasonably priced edition!

If I had this book I would celebrate Ray Bradbury Week by stealing away each night with a new story to read.

Cheers...

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did Gauntlet sell out of thier copies of this edition?

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Hill House's Martian Chronicles: Copies Have Arrived!

We have received copies of Ray Bradbury's THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES. All copies are unopened and in their original packaging. Even though the book is sold-out, according to the publisher, we are selling our copies at the $300 cover price.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has a mass market edition of the complete Martian Chronicles been produced or even planned?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Has a mass market edition of the complete Martian Chronicles been produced or even planned?

No, and no. (As far as I know!)

Not that it really is a Complete MC, just MC plus most (but not all) of the other Martian tales, plus some (but not all) of Ray's MC screenplays.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I demand a complete one, including unpublished material cut from the original edition.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be a job for Eller & Touponce, but I think they're a bit busy with the other projects.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we shouldn't agitate them just yet. And, yes, I do envision a two-volume set. Otherwise it would be just huge with tiny print.

posted Hide Post
A bit off topic but worth viewing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVcQnyEIT8

Posts: 6 | Registered: 02 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post