Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    what do you think of ray bradbury?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what do you think of ray bradbury?
 Login/Join

posted
yea ... i just want to know what you think of ray bradbury for a report in school. just tell me what you think of him.

Posts: 4 | Location: van nuys , california , united states | Registered: 08 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"confused", this message board is generally one big Ray Bradbury love fest.

I suggest you read a number of the postings that are here already...check out some topics that sound interesting to you. I think it will give you a pretty good idea how we all feel about this wonderful writer.

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, i know u all luv ray , but give me a great reason why ... other than how he writes ... i mean why do u like the way that he writes .. u know something like that

Posts: 4 | Location: van nuys , california , united states | Registered: 08 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like Richard said, there are endless post on the site about why we like Ray, including why we like the way he writes. Specifically, look under the Inspire section or favorite books. Nard's Why Does Ray Inspire post will help too. For me, an extremely simplified reason why people like the way he writes is because we can connect with it on a deeper level than surface appearance. There is much truth, and just a whole lot of real life spun into fantastic stories in a very poetic fashion. If you have read any of his stories yourself, you know what I mean.

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. Nard's post IS a good one to get people's reasons for liking him -- the exact thing you're asking. The other really good post on this subject was begun by Dandelion -- something like "what book/story got you started?" I don't remember the exact name, but if you take the time to read through those two threads, you will have enough to serve as the basis of a dissertation.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do we love Ray, other than his writing? I guess for me it is because both times I met him, he was the most engaging, kind, humorous, witty, unassuming, famous person I've ever met. Both times, he graciously made ME feel like I was doing HIM the favor with my visit and conversation. He made the effort to make ME feel at ease, rather than acting like some kind of self-righteous prima-donna. He was kind and honest. His eyes sparkled like a Santa Claus. While he may not be a saint, I certainly saw no evidence that he wasn't when I was in his company.

This is a guy who understands love. He understands curiosity. He "gets" what it is to be human. He approaches life with both honesty and enthusiasm. His writing is a celebration of life and humanity -- while recognizing humanity's many weaknesses.

Without sounding too adoring, I think he is one of the "greats" alive today. I feel that I have been blessed by both his writing and by his kindness.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 12-08-2003).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very well said Mr. Dark. I have never met Ray, but I get the sense through his writing that what you say is true. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...Than may we say, that He is the man, who is close to God. And that is the reason we are want to be close to him, to read him?

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you guys so much! and dont worry ill read the other posts too