Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Next in Line

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Next in Line
 Login/Join

posted
Ray's new play, THE NEXT IN LINE (one of my favorite stories), opens on June 19, 2004, at Theater West in Hollywood, California. Here is a link to the details. Simply scroll down the page until you reach the information about the play.

http://www.theatrewest.org/nowPlay.html

Posts: 2447 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray's new play, THE NEXT IN LINE, was scheduled to open at Theater West in Hollywood, California on June 19. Did anyone out there see the production? If so, would you be willing to share your thoughts on the play?

posted Hide Post
Sorry, I wanted to go, but my wife "dragged" me to see "Memopause the Musical" instead. I wasn't sorry after seeing it, very well done and extremely funny show. Maybe I will get to "Next in Line" at a later date.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray said he thought it was running most or all of July.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am posting a great review here from the LA Weekly of Ray's "Next In Line":
http://www.laweekly.com/ink/04/31/theater-mikulan.php

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the chance to travel to Los Angeles last weekend to see THE NEXT IN LINE at Theater West. It was an outstanding evening of theater, with excellent performances by the entire cast and a genuinely creepy set. The script, by Sid Stebel and Charles Rome Smith, expanded the story to delve into the lives and personalities of the husband and wife, to great effect. And to top it all off, Ray himself was in the audience. What more could a theater-goer ask for? Unfortunately, the play closed last Sunday, one week early, because some of the cast members developed other commitments. I hope all you folks lucky enough to live in the area had the opportunity to see it!

posted Hide Post
'... I don't care what people think of my plays, they make my life worthwhile.'

Ray's last line in that interview is open season for discussion. It's interesting what things draw someone as valuable to them.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post