Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Upcoming Appearances by Ray
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming Appearances by Ray
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone with information about Ray's upcoming appearances please share what you know?

I attended Ray's Art of Writing seminar in San Diego in 2005, and it meant a lot to me. If there's an event like that coming up, even if it's far away, I'd like to go.

I called the Learning Annex in San Diego and they said they do not have an event planned, and they are mostly only doing online classes now (which I think is very unfortunate.)

I would really like to see Ray again.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 06 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you- that's good news, and sooner than I expected!

Are there any other upcoming events with Ray?

I'll be there unless something very strange happens. I definitely want to go, but strangeness in my schedule is not a possibility I would rule out, considering how circumstances have conspired against me for the last two years. But that is a long story.

Thank you very much.

posted Hide Post
Upcoming Public Events for Ray Douglas Bradbury:

April 19th is the opening night for Mr. B's next play, Fahrenheit 451 at the Fremont Centre Theatre in South Pasadena. http://www.fremontcentretheatre.com/

April 26th at the Los Angeles Times/UCLA Festival of Books. As in years past Vagabond Books should be hosting a booksigning for Mr. B at booth #634. For more information about a possible lecture go to the website
http://www.latimes.com/extras/festivalofbooks/

As posted by Phil Nicols and updated by Doug Spaulding here is the link to information about the May 17th event with Ray Bradbury for the ‘Chronicling Mars’ symposium.
http://eatonconference.ucr.edu/updates.php

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Doug and John.

I made it to the event in Pasadena and it was wonderful to hear Ray speak again. I will try to make it to some or all of these upcoming events.

I hope you will continue to post any information you have on upcoming appearances by Ray, as I believe there are a lot of people who would benefit from listening to him.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Mechling:
Thank you, Doug and John.

I made it to the event in Pasadena and it was wonderful to hear Ray speak again. I will try to make it to some or all of these upcoming events.

I hope you will continue to post any information you have on upcoming appearances by Ray, as I believe there are a lot of people who would benefit from listening to him.

Chris,

The next time you go to an event look for me and say hello. (I'm the other guy in the photo from that night.)

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a reminder that Mr. B is scheduled to be at the Los Angeles Paperback Show this Sunday, around 1 p.m. for signing. Dust off your old paperbacks and bring 'em on down.

Some other authors scheduled to attend are Peter S. Beagle, George Clayton Johnson, Larry Niven, Frederik Pohl and Harry Turtledove.

They will be celebrating William F. Nolan's 80th birthday with a cermony and award. Bill does not know this so don't spoil it for him. Smiler

For more details: http://www.blackace.net/show-29.htm

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Some other authors scheduled to attend are Peter S. Beagle, George Clayton Johnson, Larry Niven, Frederik Pohl and Harry Turtledove.

...and my friend Don Glut, who wrote The Empire Strikes Back novel. Ray's friend Leigh Brackett wrote the screenplay, and Ray's friend Kersh directed the thing.

Connections all around.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be bringing my Loreili of the Mist by Leigh Brackett which has an Introduction by Mr. B and a Forward by Harry Turtledove. Ray has already signed my copy so now is my chance to get Mr. Turtledove to sign it. So there's seven more degrees of seperation.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Oh how I wish I could be there. What a fantastic event and for Ray to be surrounded by other such talented authors. Although I have quite a few books signed by Ray I have a few that need to be and I should get them sent out to himto do so. Have fun fellows!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The next two public events:

April 19th is the premiere night of a new stage production for Fahrenheit 451. As it has for the last two years, the production will be at the Fremont Centre Theatre in South Pasadena, CA. Tickets should soon be available from www.plays411.com. Mr. B is scheduled to attend the premiere. http://www.fremontcentretheatre.com/

April 26th is the first day of the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, on the UCLA campus in Westwood, CA. Attendance is free as are lectures. Mr. B is slated to sign books at Vagabond Books, booth #634. At 4:30 p.m., he is scheduled to talk at Royce Hall. For specifics:
http://www.latimes.com/extras/festivalofbooks/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Thanks for keeping this thread going guys.

You might see me at the opening of Fahrenheit 451. I hope to be there with my family. (I'm easy to spot in a crowd, being almost seven feet tall with shoes on.)

Will Mr. Bradbury be speaking at the opening?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Mechling:
Thanks for keeping this thread going guys.

You might see me at the opening of Fahrenheit 451. I hope to be there with my family. (I'm easy to spot in a crowd, being almost seven feet tall with shoes on.)

Will Mr. Bradbury be speaking at the opening?

As a general rule, Mr. B does say a few words before the play. Also, there is tradionally a reception afterwards where Mr. B will hold court. Lastly, there will be books available for purchase that Ray will sign.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Excellent.

Hope to see you there.

"Do what you love, and love what you do." -- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
Just ordered mine for opening night....awesome....

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post