Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Upcoming Appearances by Ray
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming Appearances by Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Pandemonium Press
An Irregular Publication of
RAY BRADBURY’S
PANDEMONIUM THEATRE COMPANY
Celebrating its
45th ANNIVERSARY YEAR!!

Issue No. 44 April/May 2008

THE PLAY’S THE THING

Fahrenheit 451

Ray Bradbury’s Science Fiction Classic Fahrenheit 451
opens at the Fremont Centre Theatre on April 19!

Firemen in a world of the near future don’t put out fires, they start them. They burn books. Reading is banned in the interest of maintaining a becalmed, dumbed-down society. People are fed contrived TV “reality” shows in which viewers participate in the action.

But the human intellect and instinct for freedom can’t be completely denied and a rebellious few will read books regardless of the consequences. One of the rebels is a fireman himself. Can rebel fireman Montag and his friends save their cultural heritage?

First published in 1953, Ray Bradbury’s classic science fiction novel Fahrenheit 451 is eerily prescient and as relevant now as it was on the day it first appeared. It has been made into a film (by Truffaut), an opera, and a play. Now, Ray Bradbury’s masterpiece returns, opening at the Fremont Centre Theatre on April 19.

The cast includes David Polcyn (as Montag), Michael Prichard, Roses Prichard, Steven Robert Wollenberg, Meaghan Boeing, Joshua Moore, Lee Holmes, Simon Russell, Fred Hamel, Grady Hutt, Robert Kerr, Eddie Ruiz, Joan Jack, Paul Bond, Courtney Meritt, Jessica D. Stone and Philip Sokoloff. Produced by Ray Bradbury and Racquel Lehrman, Alan Neal Hubbs directs this production, with John Edw. Blankenchip, Production Designer; Peter Strauss, Lighting Designer; Dean Cameron, Costume Designer and Elliott Woodruff, Production Stage Manager.

Fremont Centre Theatre
1000 Fremont Ave. (at El Centro)
South Pasadena, CA 91030

Previews Friday, April 18, 2008 at 8 pm
Opening Night: Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 8 pm
Performances: Thursday through Saturday at 8 pm – Sunday at 3 pm
Closing Night: Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 8 pm
Admission: $20. Seniors: $15. Students: $10.
Reservations and Information: 323-960-4451
Online Ticketing: www.Plays411.com/raybradbury

. . . excerpted from the Press Releases by Philip Sokoloff (showbizphil@sbcglobal.net)

RAY AROUND TOWN

Saturday, April 26, LA Times Festival of Books

Ray will be signing books at the Vagabond Book booth #634 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm.
He will lecture at Royce Hall at 4:30 pm.

For more information, go to www.latimes.com/extras/festivalofbooks

ã ã ã

RAY IN PRINT

News from Doug M.

THE WRITER magazine for April 2008 is reprinting an article by Ray, "How to Keep and Feed the Muse," which originally appeared in the magazine's July 1961 issue.

Ray contributes a short autobiographical chapter to the book 80: OUR MOST FAMOUS 80-YEAR-OLDS, ed. by Gerald Gardner & Jim Bellows (Sourcebooks, Inc., 2007).

ã ã ã

Be sure to check in on Ray’s website: www.raybradbury.com

Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company
Established 1963
Ray Bradbury, Co-Founder, Producer and Playwright
The late Charles Rome Smith, Co-Founder and Director

Pandemonium Press
Marlene and Arnold Kunert – Editors
Email to pande_press@cox.net if you no longer wish to receive this publication.
©2008 RAY BRADBURY ENTERPRISES

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a more direct link to the play's information:
https://www.plays411.com/newsite/show/play_info.asp

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The poster for the play.

John King Tarpinian

Image451Play.jpg (59 Kb, 6 downloads)

posted Hide Post
I very much want to attend the Mars conference for May 17. Trouble is I don't know how to get to Riverside!

Posts: 17 | Registered: 12 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve, try Google Maps!

(Or is it a transport/funding problem?)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Dylag:
Trouble is I don't know how to get to Riverside!

Just take a left turn at Albuquerque!

Please note this only works if you're originating in southern New Mexico. (smiley face - I can't bring myself to post one of those things.)

Updated 4/15/2008: Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.fremontcentretheatre.com/

This weekend opens the new theatrical production of Fahrenheit 451. I sat in on a run-thru the other evening and was very impressed with what I saw.

The premiere night, Saturday, has already been sold out. The preview night, Friday, still should have tickets available.

Mr. B has indicated that he will be in attendance both evenings.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
You lucky son of a B... Smiler

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Parish:
...son of a B... Smiler

Son of a Bradbury?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Mr. B has indicated that he will be in attendance both evenings.

Alas, we will not. We're going to Palm Springs that weekend, and FangoCon the next, then we're having mum in from the east.

We'll get there one of these nights!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
We'll get there one of these nights!

Some people just don't have their priorties straight. Smiler (I have no problem with smiley faces.)

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I have no problem with smiley faces.

Then nor should I! Cool

I rather fancy the one wearing sunglasses. But it looks like the sun, so what light does it seek to protect itself from?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
My previous post puts me in mind of a deep philosophical point: often, the most dangerous thing we need to protect ourselves from is ourselves!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Ok so who here wants to get me an autographed bottle of Dandelion Wine?

Perhaps it can be an early birthday present from all of you to me? Big Grin

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Parish:
Big Grin

That's a mighty big smiley face!

"Live Forever!"