Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Happy 90th Ray!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy 90th Ray!
 Login/Join

posted
Onward to 100!

Here's a link to a 47 minute 1992 Don Swaim interview with Ray that R.B fans should enjoy, if, like me, they haven't heard it before:

http://www.wiredforbooks.org/swaim/RayBradbury1.ram

Ray mentions in the interview, among many other things, the 1991 dedication of Ray Bradbury Park in Waukegan. My wife and I, with our then 3-year-old daughter in tow, went to one of the events at the Waukegan Park District HQ at that time, and spoke with Ray again, who introduced us to some of his old friends from grammar school. It was great to see Ray then, and is great now to hear him speak in this interview.

Happy day Ray, and many more!

Walt Gottesman

"Stay on the Path."
Travis in: A Sound of Thunder

Posts: 21 | Location: A town still green in Illinois | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! Happy Birthday. I doubt there is anything I can say that you hasn't been heard before but if we could count the number of times you have influenced, mystified, frightened, thrilled, overwhelmed, caused joy, brought tears, made smiles... it just might rival the number of stars in the sky itself.

Thank you Ray Bradbury... Happy Birthday.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post