Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Need Summary of the short story A Piece of Wood (!!!!need urgently!!!)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Summary of the short story A Piece of Wood (!!!!need urgently!!!)
 Login/Join

posted
HI!!!

A long time before I have read the short story "A piece of wood". But now I have forgotten what the plot of the story is!!!
And I have to introduce Ray Bradbury at school! and I want to present some of his short stories! Of this reason I need a summary (detail summary) of this short story!
Can Anybody give me some links where I can find a detailed summary of "A Piece of Wood"??
or can anybody give me a detailed summary of this story???

thank you very much!!!!!

bye

Posts: 1 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
singarasa, I have a wild and crazy idea for you in connection with your school assignment. The story "A Piece of Wood" can be found in the following Bradbury collections: LONG AFTER MIDNIGHT, THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY (published by Knopf in 1980), and in the current in-print trade paperback published by Avon, I SING THE BODY ELECTRIC AND OTHER STORIES. Why not check a local library or book store, and read this story for yourself? The story has a lot to say which is very relevant to today's violence-ridden world. I'll bet you'll enjoy the story a lot, and it should not take you very long to read it. Just a suggestion. Good luck on your assignment.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post