Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Recent Videos of Ray On-Line
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent Videos of Ray On-Line
 Login/Join

posted
With the Cold Weather around lot of the country, and more time indoors, check out the Bradbury videos you can see on the Web.

There is a bunch of videos available to this web-link, but two (2) of them are of Ray Bradbury speaking. I have cable so it downloads immediately...I really don't know how long it takes with dial up. The 2 Bradbury videos are about 1 1/2 hrs. in length. Also check out all the postings that follow, for more info on downloading the videos and enjoying what Ray has to say.

:::::When you 'click' on below, a window opens. Scroll down to the very last line...which reads:
"Writers Symposium By The Sea".

Click on that. Locate the 2 videos that are available on Ray.

To 'Start' this whole thing, click on: http://www.uctv.tv/library-human.asp?summary=show

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 11-02-2002).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the video is nice but I can't get it to play on my Windows player and I'm too stoopid to figure out how to do the Real Player thing. What about a good ol' fashioned written transcript of the interview?

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pterran::::::

I'm pretty dumb, too. But I can tell you this: how to get a...
Real Player free! ! !

The Bradbury videos are nearly 1 hr. for one, and 1/2 hr for the other. No transcripts as far as I know. But getting the real Player is simple.

First::

Go to Real Player website. Click on Below:
http://www.real.com/

When their Website opens, Ignore all the ads on top, or anything that 'pops up"; ignore the $29.95 video player. That's the latest. You "don't" want that one.

You want the FREE one.

You find that near the bottom of the page, on the left hand side. It reads:

Other Links.

Under that heading, you will read::::

Real Player 8 Basic is our Free Player

When you 'click' on that, it goes to a Form to fill out. That Form will ask your e-mail address, country, and 'select'. There you 'select' your operating system: OSX, Windows XP, etc. etc. Below that: Select Connecting. There you write in what's your modem, 56, cable, etc etc. And then, on the bottom, you 'click': Download The Player.

That's It!

Then go back to the site I posted. Follow instructions there. You can then go to the Bradbury videos and the "Real Player" is now automatically operating in your system.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-04-2002).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the link you posted for Real Player but couldn't find anything in the lower left-hand corner that said Other Links or anything about Free Basic 8 Player. Please advise.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pterran/ Greenshadow::

Well, here's the little secret of things I've forgotten. Sometimes you get different 'web-site windows' pertaining to the power of your modem. With cable, I get a 'window' with the lower left hand corner saying: Other Links. You get a different 'window'.

So...in desperation, you should do this:

Type into your finder the word:

Google.com

That's a search engine of several search engines available. That means it looks thruout the entire internet for something you ask it.

When the Google window opens up, it'll have a space for you to type in what you are looking for. Type in this:

Free Real Player 8 Basic.

That should open you to a window that is compatible with your modem speed. Follow the instructions from there. Let me know what happens.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-04-2002).]

posted Hide Post
Nard,

Man, you make it easy! And that's the way I like it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nard, that first interview was great.
when I get time I am going to view the longer one, then some of the others.
Wonderful link.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pterran / uncle::::::

Since I'm new at this stuff, I recently discovered that you can enlarge a Real Player image by clicking on that icon of a magnifying glass. Maybe it won't work on a slow modem, but, otherwise, it's amazing!
( To those other, senior, more wise members of internet magic...please do not look askance... Thanks )

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nard!

The interviews are great. I have a 56K modem according to my system info, and it runs fine. It takes a few seconds to start playing,- there's a little window on the player that says somehting like "Buffering 33kps 5 sec", then it counts down to zero & starts. Magic, indeed.

Gary

Posts: 16 | Location: Hollywood, Fl, USA | Registered: 09 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey!
With lots of the country geting into the cold weather and staying indoors more, if you haven't had the chance, now take the time to 'study" what Ray has to say in these videos...about an hour and a half in length for both together....
Above postings explains in detail how to navigate to the videos, download, and sit back and enjoy.

posted Hide Post
I think ...if we are to have a "genuine" resource section here...then there should be a ...seperate department section strictly for... Pertinent Resources. That means...no chat!

Included should be...On Line Videos... Photographs and Pictures or Illustrations, or Important Info/ Statistics... including Strategic Links, etc.

Hence, someone wanting to do some real serious study here will have just one place to go to immediately ...without having to scroll through a thousand comments...thru many months...'some' not necessarily pertinent to strictly "important stuff."

Ah, I know, everything's important. But...you get my drift?? Hey Dandelion!!!!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 11-14-2002).]

posted Hide Post
Well, now, I dunno. I just moderate, but we all know how hard it is to get the people who format to implement changes, or even updates, however relevant.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now come on half the fun is fishing for facts. This website is full of experience none the less a lot of personality.
Although a compendium of everyones insight, and group knowledge would be a daunting task to put in order. It would be a challenge, and a labor of love at best.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uncle:::

Isn't everything here...a labor of love?

posted Hide Post
Nard, Yes, it is a labor of love. I can't deny that fact knowing how Rays writing has effected so many, in reading the postings on the message board. I am one of the vast group of readers that are thrilled by his creativity. I have read of life alterations
due to reading his books. After reading the Illustrated Man I sought all I could that was written by RB.
In my own transitions in life as I've grown, and continued to have static
memories of my boyhood whenever I read a certain story... I would like to see a web site created where you could download episodes of Ray Bradbury Theater Or SWTC, a direct stream from the Waukegan Library would be nice for some type of arrangement.
Some monster server full of Bradbury in the Basement to be distilled to waiting feverish minds in the dark with faces illuminated by a screen. Sounds fun. If it could be made possible more people could have access to his video work that is not in circulation.