Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Something Wicked This Way Comes In a Commerical?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something Wicked This Way Comes In a Commerical?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
NK:

Interesting stuff. Thanks for running it down. I'll be looking forward to seeing if you can find out the actual source. (By actual source, I mean whether they took it from Bradbury or from Shakespeare.

Read Macbeth in HS. Really need to read it again.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 09-13-2002).]

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jram:
For what its worth, Something Wicked This Way Comes is also the name of an album by Iron Maiden-inspired Iced Earth.

Its also a line in a My Ruin song (cant remember which song): "something wicked this way comes, premeditated evil numbs".

I think it may be in a Bruce Dickinson song too, but I'm not sure.

It is also a line in an Insane Clown Posse song, the majority of the juggalo nation, and the dark carnival itself basis within "Something Wicked This way Comes as well as another book with i can't remember the name of the author or title of the book it's self

Many don't believe in our carnival freakshow"

here is the context in which it apears from the Shangri La: The wraith album it appears in the 1st verse after the ringmaster speaks:

Walk into the Light

[The Carney:] Hurry Up, Show's Startin'
[The Patron:] I ca't believe they're still having it
I better get my butt in there right now

[The Ring Leader:]
Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the sensational
and amazing... "Carnival of Carnage"
They said it couldn't happen, they said it wouldn't last
but boys and girls and everyone we got a carnival for that ass!
Tens of thousands of freaks,sideshows, and fools
a carnival who together lives by their own rules

[Shaggy 2 Dope]
We looked into the stars,foretold everyone
Something dark and wicked this way comes
We told of oddities, crawling from the dark
And a carnival which we can all belong (all belong)
I dwell upon the streets, and I can tell you this
I see some circus, Juggalo shit going on
People drawn together by rare and scubby music
And we even gather once a year to put it down

[Chorus]
With Tilt a whirls and merry goes, and a carnival of faygo
We're just tryin to tell you about the light, right
Now all the jokers cards have fallen with spectacular array
So when the wraith is calling,walk into the light,right

[Violent J]
I hold a bloody axe, dress in hatchet red
We speak languages people don't understand
I send faygos via punted clear across a staduim in fashion
Only fuckin juggalos could ever demand
I got ninjaz in my backyard wearing Anybody Killa paint
I'm thinkin What the fuck is going on?
Then I see the platinum on the wall, and I realize
The carnivals been right here all along, so lets bring it on

[Chorus]

[Shaggz And J]
The crows have overlooked, we gave you all they gave
The carousel will spin on through the night (through the night)
In oz, I'd be the wizard cause I'm overwhelmed
We just hoped the jokers cards would point you out to the light
So you'll be tight, right

[Chorus - repeat until end]

We looked into the stars,foretold everyone<br />Something dark and wicked this way comes<br />We told of oddities, crawling from the dark<br />And a carnival which we can all belong (all belong)<br />I dwell upon the streets, and I can tell you this<br />I see some circus, Juggalo shit going on<br />People drawn together by rare and scrubby music<br />And we even gather once a year to put it down

Posts: 1 | Location: grafton, wi, USA | Registered: 26 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(*sigh*)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you noticed that if you read the above lyrics backwards really quickly, it makes nearly the same sense if you sing them forwards...! Then again, maybe it's just me!

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
(*sigh*)

(chuckle)

Juggalo is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Doug, thanks for reviving a thread that I started some six years ago. I really hadn't the opportunity to read the responses, so really appreciate the opportunity to do so now.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Juggalo is a good word.

I've just learned from another forum that Juggalo is a term for aficionados of the group Insane Clown Posse, which did a CD entitled Dark Carnival, which attracted one of their number here for a time.

Of several Bradbury references on The Simpsons, one involved passing a shopping mall store named "Something Wicker This Way Comes."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that's funny!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post