Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Sam Weller Book

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sam Weller Book
 Login/Join

posted
Sam Weller's new book: RAY BRADBURY: THE LAST INTERVIEW and other essays, is now available. The link to it on amazon.com is here:

http://www.amazon.com/Ray-Brad...erview%2C+Sam+Weller

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, Mr. D! Mine is in the mail. Some new RB insights are always enjoyable!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, Mine is on order, too.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arrival date today. Smiler
Most glad, but a bit sad too.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine today. Some very good dialog in these. Because Ray is so compatible with Sam, Sam is able to get some great conversation. Well worth purchasing.

posted Hide Post
Some fun stuff here. Classic Bradbury on living fully and writing for yourself, along with some of his comments on influences of Steinbeck and others on his writing. Some good stuff.

posted Hide Post
Agreed, Mr. Dark. Delighted to learn more about Mr. Bradbury, and hear again about his life long loves for his literary roots.
Wonderful to know that "The Toynbee Convector" was one of his personal favorites. Often thought that if he had added to The Vintage Bradbury it might be that story.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am reading the "Introduction" to Mr. Weller's The Last Interview and Other Conversations, as I type! Arrived today.

I recall, as the final 30-40 pages of Listen to the Echoes were reached, I purposefully began slowing down my page turning. I did not want the conversations to end. So, I will read Mr. Weller's Last Interview with an even more methodical pace. Mr. B's Voice was with us to enjoy for decades. Now, we will need to fully appreciate his memorable words!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. It is right to savor these to enjoy the last wisps of inspiration.

posted Hide Post
Wisps is a good word.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...I will read Mr. Weller's Last Interview with an even more methodical pace."

It didn't happen.

I started and finished, cover to cover. I became enthralled by the conversation taking place. All of the memories, lessons, metaphors, images... came rushing off the pages. It was one Bradbury Moment after another. I seemed to hear Mr. B's voice as I read his responses. I realized I had about a dozen pages left and it was too late to become methodical. I had to know how the story ended. Alas, with Mr. Weller's fond expressions of his last visits.

Somehow, though Mr. Bradbury so very much wanted to live to be one hundred years old, knowing Civil War heroes and spacemen was not a bad run at all.

So, a tip of a glass filled with Dandelion Wine. A walk through a pumpkin patch that covers acres. A word with a lightning rod salesman who ambles into town. Dreams of Red Mars shining bright in a star-filled sky. Laughter of innocent, completely alive children climbing trees, sneaking into carnivals, and setting adrift fire-balloons into a summer night...

100yrs?! Much better ~ Mr. Bradbury, Lives Forever!

posted Hide Post
The essay 'The Pomegranate Architect' by Ray Bradbury from Ray Bradbury : The Last Interview and Other Conversations is now posted on The Paris Review website.
http://www.theparisreview.org/...megranate-architect/