Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Check your local listings...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check your local listings...
 Login/Join

posted
I have been told that the syndicated radio program Coast to Coast AM will have Ray Bradbury as their guest. The program is to be broadcast this Friday night at 10:00 p.m. on KFI-AM 640 here in the Los Angeles area.

They have not posted next Friday’s programming yet but you may wish to check their website later in the week: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

This is a program I've never listened to but their website had a number of sci-fi related interviews. Some of the archived programs feature Ray, too.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, if you have Turner Classic Movies on the Time Warner Cable system, here in the greater Los Angeles County Area, you can watch Moby Dick. What is even better is that the movie is On Demand, free to watch when you want, through the end of July, I believe. I started to watch the other night, and the quality of the print was fantastic. The TCM host, Robert Osborne, before the movie refers to Ray as a "Science Fiction Writer." Go to the On Demand Channel, usually channel 1, click free movies, then TCM, and scroll down to Moby Dick.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw Moby Dick the other week, as well, on Turner Classic Movies...

~ If this has been posted, well, heck, I'm posting it out of ignorance. Usually we fly over the old board to come this 'new' board and miss some postings. This is a link to the speech Ray gave at the Los Angeles Festival of Books in April. I hadn't heard it. Here it is!

Scroll down a bit when arriving at the Ray Bradbury link listed below and you'll see the box denoting the speech of Bradbury at the 2007 book fair.
http://www.raybradbury.com/#

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW: Coast to Coast heard out East latest nights or early mornings, AM radio syndicates. Always very interesting topics - George Norry is the regular host. Art Bell also frequently alluded to or aired.

This RB interview should be extremely well received by regular listeners. I am on the road many late evenings and pick up C-C shows. Great exchanges by the host and the special nightly guests. Any more info be sure to share.

The site JKT posted has good background info also.

JT: I received a very special communication from the continually kind Mr. B!! My best to him when next you visit.
f

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KFI 640 Los Angeles provides a live stream for most radio shows. Does anyone know what time Ray may appear on the program? Coast to Coast AM is on for eight hours on Fridays and Saturdays. Here is the link:

http://www.kfi640.com/pages/CoasttoCoastAM.html?feed=128833&article=444303

posted Hide Post
Here is an update from Coast to Coast AM for Friday, June 15, 2007;

Upcoming
Ray Bradbury Open Lines Guest Host: John B. Wells
Guest host John B. Wells will interview distinguished author Ray Bradbury; followed by Open Lines.

Here is the link to the Coast to Coast AM Web Site:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2007/06/15.html

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up!

Posts: 6 | Location: Calif | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray was on the first hour of Coast to Coast a.m., Friday, June 15, 2007, 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm Pacific Daylight Savings Time. Missed the first half hour, anyone know of a place to hear an archive of the program? If not, can you please share the subject matter discussed? Thank you.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenray:
Ray was on the first hour of Coast to Coast a.m., Friday, June 15, 2007, 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm Pacific Daylight Savings Time. Missed the first half hour, anyone know of a place to hear an archive of the program? If not, can you please share the subject matter discussed? Thank you.

Try the website: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Maxwell Smart used to say, "missed it by that much!"

Arrived home late last evening from being away for a week.

As always, it's nice to be back in California!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
As Maxwell Smart used to say, "missed it by that much!"

Arrived home late last evening from being away for a week.

As always, it's nice to be back in California!

This next item will give you enough advance notice. Tomorrow, Ray is being interviewed by Le Monde for their next issue. For those of us who do not read French I'm hoping that the English edition will have the article.

http://mondediplo.com/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenray:
...anyone know of a place to hear an archive of the program?...

The exact link is:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2007/06/15.html

However, you have to be a paid subscriber to access the archive recordings (6.95 USD per month!).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rats! I missed it too.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Rats! I missed it too.

Ray was charming. The poor interviewer was overwhelmed. I'm not sure if he was overwhelmed by the interviewee or if he was trying to talk all flowerly and fancy to impress Ray or the audience.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian