Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Writing to Mr. Bradbury?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Writing to Mr. Bradbury?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, y'all.

I'm a student and a burgeoning writer, and the latter is largely thanks to the work of Mr. Bradbury.

I've always wanted to get in touch with him somehow, if only to express my appreciation in a brief note, but I've never been able to find a way to contact him that was satisfactory.

Since some of you in this forum seem to have access Mr. Bradbury, I was hoping one of you could help me get in touch with him, or even forward to him a letter.

If you can help, please email me (entilzha5@hotmail.com). I thank you in advance.

-Alex K.

Posts: 1 | Location: Manalapan, NJ, USA | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I know is, he used to be happy to receive correspondence and usually tried to acknowledge it. This year, however, his Christmas greetings had no personal message or signature. They were just printed, due to his health and other extra things which took place this year such as his new book coming out.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also interested in writing to Mr. Bradbury. He has been such and influence to me that I would love to express my thanks to him. I understand he would probably not be able to reply, but I would just like to know he has heard my words of thanks.

I saw him speak two years ago, but he was not doing any signings due to his health. But it was such a moving experience I will never forget it.

If anyone could tell me where to write him I would deeply appreciate it: Louisec3@prodigy.net

Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: Indianapolis, IN USA | Registered: 04 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Louise-

If you look at the "In His Own Words" section of this website, the webmasters are currently taking email questions and comments that will be forwarded to Ray. That might be your best bet. I know that you can also write to him care of William Morrow or Avon Books, his current publishers. They'll forward letters to him.

All best, good luck!

Greg M.

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you really want to find his home address, it's listed at Celebtrityaddresses.com, which is a subscription site that you must pay for.

And yes, it is indeed his home adress. I wrote to him using the address and got a response from him.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pardon the faulty speller--that should be celebrityaddresses.com

Sorry for the error.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
since you know, would you like to tell us what Mr. Bradbury's address is?

Posts: 14 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 24 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All right, since the cat is out of the bag, there are a number of celebrity address sites online you don't have to pay for. I've found the most accurate and up-to-date to be www.stararchive.com, last time I checked it. They actually pay attention to people who use their addresses. Many of the others are "cobweb sites" with old or incorrect addresses. I still don't think his home address ought to be posted here for the benefit of just anyone, and I'll repeat: because he has answered fan letters in the past, but may not be able to now, I would hate to see anyone either blaming themselves (for not writing a "good enough" fan letter) or him (for not answering if it was "good enough") when circumstances have changed and he may not be able to answer! If you're determined to follow through, go ahead--the information is there for those willing to look for it.

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 02-02-2002).]

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two more things: when writing ANYONE whose name you may get off this list, ALWAYS include your return address on the outside of the envelope! This has always been a good idea, so if the letter is undeliverable it can be returned to you and you don't waste time wondering whether it got there. In today's climate, a return address is VITAL--any letter without one is going straight into the incinerator! It is also a good idea to include an SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope addressed to you.) That way the person doesn't have to copy your name and address onto another envelope and run around looking for stamps. Needless to say, at this stage in Ray Bradbury's career, he does not need to be spending his time writing other peoples' addresses!

posted Hide Post
sounds good. thanks! i'll check it out.

Posts: 14 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 24 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be honest, I once decided to write to mr Bradbury, when he turned 80. The letter was full of breathless praise and thanks, and at some points it was almost imitation Bradbury. But common sense prevailed. I mean, the guy is no longer young, and has, I would guess, plenty of demands on his time anyway. And really, I don't overrate myself. I don't think I truly have anything to say that he hasn't heard from fans before. So I never sent that letter.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awww, I think he's glad to hear from his fans! No one should underrate themself, but you did touch on some points: no one not determined (and smart) enough to follow the above directions probably has much to say of use to someone who has said and heard as much as Ray Bradbury! That, and the other reasons you gave, are behind my objections to anyone in possession of his address serving it up on the proverbial silver platter.

posted Hide Post
I would really like to get in contact with Mr. Bradbury. I realize he is a very busy man, but i would really like to get into some type of contact with him for i am doing extended research on him the person and his writings, and i would love input from him. However, the websites given to get bradbury's address dont work... please explain

Posts: 1 | Location: Chino Hills | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He can always, ALWAYS be reached through his current publisher. That was how I first got in touch with him. Just send him a letter in care of Morrow.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 20 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I had the Star Achive url wrong and have since fixed it so it should work now.
William Morrow
An Imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
10 East 53rd Street
New York, New York 10022