Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Gauntlet Ray Bradbury Book
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Gauntlet Ray Bradbury Book
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, just received this word from Gauntlet Press;

"And in early-December (if not earlier) we'll have word about a new Ray Bradbury project of never-before published material -- a book that will see publication only from Gauntlet."

Anybody out there care to speculate on this forthcoming publication?

December 2007 Update; Gauntlet has announced that the book will be Masks, due in October 2008. Click below for more information from the Gauntlet web site.

http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin/gauntletpress/perl...k&ORDER_ID=214727154

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greenray,

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd prefer not to speculate, because that does little except stir up false hopes and expectations!

However, I would like to imagine that Gauntlet are going to publish some more of Bradbury's screenplays. I would love to see the Moby Dick screenplay published (Ray's final draft, not Huston's shooting script, which had bits written by others). I would also love to see And the Rock Cried Out and Ray's early Martian Chronicles screenplays.

Or how about Ray's original final draft of the Something Wicked screenplay (before Jack Clayton turned it over to John Mortimer)?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Martian Chronicles screenplays are already planned as part of the Hill House edition of Martian Chronicles, are they?

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Donn Albright just the other day regarding the book that is supposed to be coming out from Gauntlet Press and he wasn't aware of anything. Although there are several projects in the works, there was none that he was aware of regarding Gauntlet.

Donn had spent several days with Ray the week of all the horrible California fires. Although the area Ray lives in was not in any danger, Donn said that there was a lot of smoke.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bilplane:
Yep! Smokey evvverryywhhere!

This is about a block from me, garden area and golf-course. But right in the background is the next neighborhood, plus shopping centers, plus the 5 freeway, plus the Saddleback mountains. For several days you can see NOoothiing!!

ImagefiIire.JPG (270 Kb, 16 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bsaenz24:
I think the Martian Chronicles screenplays are already planned as part of the Hill House edition of Martian Chronicles, are they?

Yes indeed, but from what I can gather this edition is long overdue and the publishers have fallen silent about what's happening. (There is another thread somewhere on the board discussing this.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gauntlet announced in December 2007 that the book will be Masks, to be released in October 2008. Click the link in my original post on the top of this page for more information from Gauntlet.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic,

Subterranean IS doing Bradbury's version of the script for Moby Dick.

Subterranean Press - Moby Dick script

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For you well-to-do folks out there, this from Gauntlet:

Auction: Bradbury's Dandelion Wine

We have received 2 copies of the Deluxe 2-Volume Slipcased Hardcover 50th Anniversary edition of Ray Bradbury's DANDELION WINE and are auctioning them off. Here are the details of the publication:

Signed by Ray Bradbury and Stephen King
Limited to just 100 copies
A brand new introduction by Stephen King
Includes all the original illustrations that accompanied the individual stories when they first saw print in the magazines of the 1940s and '50s.
Includes a second book: Summer Morning, Summer Night, featuring all the other Greentown, Illinois stories -- some of which are previously unpublished. Edited by Donn Albright and Jon Eller - of all the other Greentown stories, both published and unpublished. The front and back cover art are Bradbury paintings. There were just 100 copies of this book printed and are only sold as a companion piece to the King-signed edition of DANDELION WINE.
Both books are housed together in a red slipcase.

We are starting out bidding at the $750 cover price. As always we will accept just one bid from each customer so make it your best and we will let the winners know in one week (postage and insurance are additional). Bids must be sent to info@gauntletpress.com and in the subject mention "DANDELION WINE BID." Auction ends Tuesday, February 26th. A true collector's edition, this 2-book deluxe set will skyrocket in value.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears that PS Publishing in Great Britain may still have copies available for the set price (no auctions!) of 375 pounds, or approximately $750. Just click on the following link for details:

http://store.pspublishing.co.uk/acatalog/dandelion_wine..._edition_deluxe.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2453 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Gauntlet :

Special Slipcase Available for Bradbury's Masks

We are adding a second slipcase for Ray Bradbury's MASKS. Editor Donn Albright had an idea to use original Bradbury line art on the slipcase, just as we did with the signed limited edition of THE DRAGON WHO ATE HIS TAIL. When we have a sample of the slipcase itself (the lettering will be red on a black bonded leather slipcase) we'll post it - the artwork can be seen above. Those ordering will have a choice of ordering a "standard" slipcase at the current price of $25 or the more elaborate one for $35. The best news is for those who preordered: as has been our policy since we launched 17 years ago, customers who preorder are never charged extra if we are forced to raise our prices. Therefore anyone who preordered will get the more elaborate slipcase at no additional cost.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mask comes off and the cover is revealed!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
This just in from Gauntlet:

"Ray Bradbury's Masks is now at the printers. We'll keep you updated on its progress. Please keep in mind that Masks will not be published in any other form other than the signed limited edition. It's not only a great read, but will become a valuable collectible with the Gauntlet edition being the only one available."

A Halloween release is anticipated.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Sounds like yet another treasure that will be beyond my purchasing capacity, alas!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Sounds like yet another treasure that will be beyond my purchasing capacity, alas!

Barnes and Noble Online has a great discount for members and good coupons....you can do quite well if you work it right.

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post