Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Weird Compendium

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Weird Compendium
 Login/Join

posted
New book containing weird stories from the last 100 years or so. Bradbury features with "The Crowd", alongside such familiar names as Robert Bloch, Harlan Ellison, Neil Gaiman, Fritz Leiber. Sounds a great book (unless you already have these stories from their many previous appearances!)

Details: http://weirdfictionreview.com/...m-table-of-contents/

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are normally starved for major anthologies like this one in South Africa, but for some reason The Weird has turned up at our premier bookstore chain, Exclusive Books, and is in stock in substantial quantities.

I've taken a look at it, and the price is very reasonable, but the darn thing is just too huge, with 110 stories. Also, I'm not sure if I like the two column format and smallish print.

But I love anthologies, so we'll see ...

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it'll be worth checking out. Lots of old-standbys, but also quite a bit of stuff I've never read, though I'm no expert.

Posts: 37 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post