Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Rays autograph
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rays autograph
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
And...there's always the chance I am totally mistaken. The 'X' factor...

Well, I gave it my best shot...

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow,
I watched Mr B sign the 76 inscrption(In elephants Last),my frend saw him
sign the play sig,and the other two I
bought from Mr Akerman.

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,
Unsuspecting,thanks for your support,it sucks being called a forger.Mr Blevins,I take your bet.Seattle is a bit wet but I have always wanted to live there,what is my future house like?I emailed you at your bookstore with my
home phone number,call me and tell me who you want to look at the sigs in L.A. annd we will
all know.
Drew

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh-oh. Somebody's in trouble!

Drew, I think they're all real, by the way.

See you tomorrow night to get another one, eh?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug,
Lets get together and see what you think,
Im serious,I want to know if it is a forgery.
My email is drewbakerresearch@hotmail.com.
What kind of food do you like?
Drew

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewbaker:
Doug,
Lets get together and see what you think,
Im serious,I want to know if it is a forgery.
My email is drewbakerresearch@hotmail.com.
What kind of food do you like?
Drew

Different kinds. Can you meet our little group tomorrow around 3.30 - 4pm at the Del Amo in Torrance?

If so, we'll see you there. Bring the books in question, and we'll ask Mr B. Otherwise, will be in contact soon.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excuse me...
I wasn't the ONLY one to question the autographs, if you will check the previous posts.
I spent some time putting together and researching the signatures. You say they are real, and I accept your explanation.
However, at the beginning I also mentioned having some experience in this area. I once worked doing handwriting analysis in forgery cases for the court. Now, this does not mean I am an expert in determining the validity of a famous signature or a document. What I did was compare handwriting samples on a standard form issued by the court, in cases where a defendant was compelled to give samples of his/her handwriting to compare to say...check forgeries.
Admittedly, not the same thing as authenticating a document or its signature.

I only called it like I saw it. I have been wrong before. Mostly I compare the letters and style of handwriting against another sample,or look for other clues, but not authentication. I apologize if I was mistaken.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert, I want to state for the record that I have always enjoyed your posts and have found them interesting and insightful. I hope you don't get upset here, anybody for that matter, you along with everyone else were only following the thread of conversation. Nobody on either side of the "conversation" need be upset.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all,
Doug,I would love to show up but I have family coming for the weekend.Please give him a hug for me.He wont remember me but tell him my friend Dirk said hi and he will call Ray next
week.Mr Blevins,no harm no foul.I would love to live in Seattle but it was only a joke.I used a micrometer on the two autographs,the sigs were close(>01 inches),the date on the 63 was .124 inches longer.Also key points differ
between sig and date .
I appoligize to anyone that I offened here.Thank goodness Mr Blevins is here with
expert knowledge.I think these are real but cant wait to find the truth.
Drew
P.S. Happy memorial Day to all

posted Hide Post
Last Post from me,
I thlnk Mr Blevins is right on the 53 sig.
Although the net says the felt tip pen was
developed in the 40s, and first introduced in 1952 ,there is no wayRa)would have had one.
But,There is also no evidence of pencil under the sig.And like I said the sizes of the date were different,how was this forged
Please call me

posted Hide Post
Well, I had to return for a moment to say that Drew and I spent some time on the time on the phone today discussing the signatures. I told Drew that I was likely wrong about the whole thing. He thinks perhaps the '53 signature could be a fake, because it was likely made by a felt-tip pen. I asked if it could be done with a fountain pen using black ink. He says no.

One thing I determined from our conversation is that the two 'Drew' signatures are definitely real.

In any event, I think we should assume that all of them are real. This whole experience showed me two things: First, after more than twenty years gone since I have done any handwriting comparisons, my skills have gone down the tube, and two...I should leave this business to the real experts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,

posted Hide Post
Robert,It was apleasure talking to you.I still think you a correct abot this.I will video Mr B. when he answers the question .
Drew

posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,
talking to Robert triggerd my memory.I bought both of the books from Mr Akerman in 197? when he was being sued over controll of his magazine.He bought these from "Bob", who
wanted to develop something with Mr.B,who had
bought the 53 and asked Mr B. to sign the 63,
with the same date as a inside joke.Mr B. confirmed it later when I showed them to him later.

posted Hide Post
This website continues to be a fount of information on a wealth of subjects.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Bradbury traced his own signature?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post