Find
Notify
Tools

Login/Join

posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: displayname,

Posts: 8 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet (and I am not a betting person) that if I called Ray tomorrow and asked him about the reference to this lady, he would say "How am I supposed to know? I just write what my mind and my muses tell me to write."

Anyway, I have asked him similar questions on like subjects only to get a response that is less than satisfactory. But, who knows, he may have quite a bit to say about it.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know, but a quick run through "Lost Horizon" with Ronald Coleman might provide the answer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029162/

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Lost Horizon” was written by James Hilton in 1933. It preceded another book of his called “Goodbye Mr. Chips”.

The women in question was a Chinese girl named Lo-Tsen. And it breaks my heart when I think of her final deed.

“’Oh, no, she was most old—most old of any one I have ever seen.’” – James Hilton

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great book, great movie - Edward Everett Horton in a kimono! (or whatever that was)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post