Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    FH 451 MOVIE INFO
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FH 451 MOVIE INFO
 Login/Join

posted
FRANK DARABOUNT, TOLD MR B, THE LASTEST ON FH 451 IS TOM HANKS, IF ALL GOES WELL! WILL PLAY MONTAG.

MORE TO FOLLOW

TAKE CARE
PATRICK

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be a good pick, I hope they are able to get him. If I was Hanks, I'd jump at the chance to play Montag. Thanks for giving us the inside movie news!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's gotta be TOM HANKS playing MONTAG!
The reason:
Since the story ends with an atomic bomb, you can spell ATOM from rearranging some letters from each, MONTAG and TOM HANKS!
SO there!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am hankering for Tom to show his good sense and do this.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
T.H., an excellent Montag he would play! The scene of him floating across the river MUST be done!! And the Mechanical Dog, a youthful romantic Clarisse, the seashells, of course - a great character actor for Faber, the hidden books in the woman's old house, a partially crazed Beatty!!

I smell smoke, I see sparks! The opening of the movie must have some brief narration to set the story (James Earl Jones, maybe? He'd also make a fabulous Faber, I think.)
"It was a pleasure to burn!" Can you hear him?

Ah, F451 - - Hope spring eternal!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adrian Brody is still my Montag. But the starpower of Tom Hanks makes for a bigger draw as he attracts a very wide audience.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's get Dennis Hopper as Beatty. Tom Hanks torching Dennis Hopper is a treat not to be missed.

Yes, James Earl Jones as Faber. And Tom Hanks! How quick I am to desert poor Kyle Chandler, much as I love him!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hankering is a good word. Good call fjp!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandy!! Brilliant ~ Dennis Hopper in Beatty's uniform, spewing philosophies from left, right, in, out, up, down, front, and behind. The ultimate power tripper, flawed, dangerous, devious, shrewd, Shakesperian.

You've got to get word to the planners and plotter to listen to RB's trustworthy and loyal fans. "Listen," we say. "Get it right!" Cram the pages into the camera. There's an Oscar hiding within all this smoke. You think!?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's gotta be Tom Hanks.
See here!
If you pick out the letters from TOM HANKS,
you get MONTA (without the G). There are letters left over,
specifically HKS.
Which means Tom is considering other rolls (HKS). But he's
already got all the other letters for MONTAG. So someone give him a nudge. Gee!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
Adrian Brody is still my Montag. But the starpower of Tom Hanks makes for a bigger draw as he attracts a very wide audience.

As you say. Look at Hanks in The DaVinci Code. If you read the book, it was clearly Harrison Ford (albeit twenty years younger, but still...), and yet Hanks got the job. He was adequate.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First it was Tom Cruise.
Now Tom Hanks
Enough of this Tomfoolery. Get on with the filming.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Get on with the filming.

This film isn't expected until 2010. It's still in development.

Tom Hanks is no longer involved.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Let's get Dennis Hopper as Beatty.

No, I discovered the perfect Beatty last night. It's Michael Prichard. Watch him on stage as Beatty and you'll know what I mean.

Great voice, too!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Seeing Tim Burton as a director would be interesting, though it's not really what he'd usually get involved in. I'd like to see his rendition of the Hound.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post