Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Hal Linden Will be Appearing...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hal Linden Will be Appearing...
 Login/Join

posted
Hal Linden, who starred in Ray's Mars Is Heaven, will be appearing again at our 55+ Retirement Community's 900 seat theatre. I missed him the last time he was here and do plan to miss him again. I am hoping to meet him and have him sign my VHS copy of the Martian Stories, as I believe it is called.

When Shecky Green, the comedian, appeared he was very cordial and visited with quite a few of us.
I will try to get a photo as well to post.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
...I missed him the last time he was here and do plan to miss him again...

Unfortunate typo there, biplane1!

He was terrific in Mars is Heaven, far better casting than in the earlier Martian Chronicles version (the Rock Hudson mini-series).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I missed him the last time he was here and do plan to miss him again.

Do plan to miss him again!?

What philnic said.

But your way is funnier.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me rephrase that again, " Hall Linden will be appearing at our 900 seat theatre and I DO NOT plan to miss this time around."

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let me rephrase that again, " Hall Linden will be appearing at our 900 seat theatre and I DO NOT plan to miss this time around."

Hall Linden!?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just came from a Job Fair my company sponsored yesterday, my sales for the week suck, creditors are calling, and so my aging hands are shaky when I type. Let me rephrase the rephrasing..."Hal Linden will be appearing." Is Hal short for Halbert, or what?

And as to what kind of show he wil be putting on I have no clue, but suspect it might be song and dance.

posted Hide Post
Halibut, maybe? This thread is giving me a haddock...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...my sales for the week suck, creditors are calling, and so my aging hands are shaky when I type. Is Hal short for Halbert, or what?

Well now I feel bad for poking you!

Harold, I should imagine. His real surname is wonderful!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:

I saw him perform in Orange Country at the performing Arts Center there a few years back, and he was absolutely fabulous. I hope he plays the clarinet for you, he is great. Have a wonderful time there.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are very fortunate to have such a nice theatre here. My wife and I have seen Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. (formerly of the Fifth Dimension), Maureen McGovern, Melissa Manchester, Lucy Arnez, David Brenner, and Shecky Green. And these were for $16.00 tickets. They've raised the price to $17.00 but this fall and winter they are going to have, in addition to Harold Linden, David Brenner (again), Robert Klein, Chubby Checker, and several others that may not be as well known.