Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    NeW PHoToS oF BRaDBuRY [added Sep 19, '06]

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NeW PHoToS oF BRaDBuRY [added Sep 19, '06]
 Login/Join

posted
hErE ArE 15 nEw phOtOs frOm rAy's prIvAtE cOllEctIOn.

nOtE~
previous photos have been condensed into just 2 parts. Part 2 begins with a few photos you may have already seen on this particular website, but then continues and concludes with the new 15 photos.

alsO nOte~
that 3 of the new photos can by SUPER-SIZED!

(1) 1960's color photo of Ray and Robert Bloch at Forry Ackerman's home;
(2) Black & White photo of Ray, his brother, and dad;
(3) and another B&W photo of Ray, his mom and brother, standing on the porch of a house when they lived in Roswell, New Mexico.

http://www.catchaway.com

When at the above link, click on BRADBURY in the green section. Go to 'Bradbury Personal Photos #2'

=================================================================

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for sharing those Nard!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The old photograph of Ray and his family on the porch of a house in Roswell, New Mexico is wonderfully errie looking. I take it that this photo predates the flying saucer incident in Roswell by years.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the story with Sam Weller? Wasn't there supposed to be an expanded publication of the Bradbury Chronicles? These photos and the ones in Weller's book add up to a terrific montage of Ray's life. I had suspected even more photos would have wound-up in Weller's expanded version, if there is to be one. Amazing.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We may never see an expansion. Where is Sam Weller by the way? He doesn't return my phone calls!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane1
From what I heard, the only calls Sam Weller returns are his own!

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post