Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ageism
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ageism
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Greg. Activism lives!

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sent in my email request. We'll see what happens! Good idea. Now don't forget to pick a friend and give a Bradbury book for Christmas!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, Mr. Dark! And yes, nine of my friends are getting I Live By the Invisible for Christmas. I bought myself an early gift from Amazon: an old copy of Switch on the Night. And one of my brilliant friends bought me They Have Not Seen the Stars.

Have a merry and Bradbury Christmas, all.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do have a copy of the Conan show, which was on or near Halloween, but didn't know about Dennis Miller.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion::::::::
Perhaps I am but a few that watched Ray on Dennis Miller.... I certainly never heard any mention of it...and would never have known 'cept, I saw it vit my very own eyes....
As to why Ray isn't more "mainstream"....I actually believe it has to do with why genuine Christianity isn't mainstream....They are two different worlds..... Ray is truly gifted from where the angels praise, if he knows it or not....while mainstream never will truly find that secret .

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark, here is a really good one on your "gift book" concept.

I bought a copy of The October Country (newer reprint with Joe Magnaini illus.) for my nephew. He is a Columbia U. soph. We have had several good RB conversations over the years during & since his h.s. education.

The book will be for his Christmas Day birthday (20th - wow!?). He does a work-study at The NYC Metropolitan Museum in, of all departments, old book restoration!! How about that for irony or is it a metaphor? Time will tell. Great idea for passing it on! Thanks.

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post