Ray Bradbury Forums
"Vital Reading"

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/553106321

09 June 2009, 01:41 PM
philnic
"Vital Reading"
We'll Always Have Paris is officially released in the UK, and gets a review in The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/book...9/ray-bradbury-vital

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
09 June 2009, 02:36 PM
jkt
Was the release in hardback or in trade paperback?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
09 June 2009, 09:56 PM
theoctobercountry
Has anyone read this? I see it's gotten mixed reviews, but I'm curious as to how it compares to the collections of the past ten years or so... (Don't have a copy myself; still haven't gotten to the last two Bradburys I've bought!)
10 June 2009, 12:54 AM
philnic
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Was the release in hardback or in trade paperback?

I think this is the paperback, released at the end of May.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
10 June 2009, 12:56 AM
philnic
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
Has anyone read this? I see it's gotten mixed reviews, but I'm curious as to how it compares to the collections of the past ten years or so... (Don't have a copy myself; still haven't gotten to the last two Bradburys I've bought!)

octobercountry, I haven't got round to reading it yet (still got a pile of other recent Bradburys to get through. Someone should tell him to slow down!)

However, the reviews seems a bit more positive than those for The Cat's Pajamas, if that's any help.

- Phil

10 June 2009, 04:11 AM
biplane1
theoctobercountry--I am in the process of reading it and am enjoying it thus far. However, I just realized that I put it back on the book shelf and got engorssed in a Tom Clancy novel. Will pick it up and continue forward. I also have Marionettes, Inc. which I also have started reading, although the stories I believe I have read before, but always a delight to do again.
11 June 2009, 12:57 PM
gguthrie
Thanks for the link! I just might have to jump into this collection earlier than I thought. Wink