Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Contacting Ray directly

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contacting Ray directly
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I wanted to know if it's possible to get an email directly to Ray. I'd like to ask him a question of a personal nature. More of a request to sign something, and send it back to me. It would mean a great deal to me (and to others as well!) if I could find a way to communicate my request to him personally. Any suggestions?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. His email is private, nor is his home address given out on this site, but a resourceful-type could probably google around and find it.

If you do, be sure to include a return envelope (obviously), and thank him for the signature (again, obvious).

Short of that, contact him thru his agent:

Don Congdon Associates, Inc.
156 Fifth Avenue, Suite 625
New York, NY 10010-7002
Telephone: 212.645.1229

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding happen to post Ray's address by one of his posts the other day. Look back and you may be able to figure it out from a small number of choices.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No I didn't.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
No I didn't.

So, let's see what you are saying. Are you saying you didn't know you did, or you know that you didn't.

But you did.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Well, you did!

I just located your posting. If I post it, I'd be giving away Ray's address as well. Email me, and I'll send you the posting link. You could then delete it if you wanted to.
Phil.Knox@comcast.net

posted Hide Post
I can't find it with the search function.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug posted a page that was showing a house in Bradbury's neighbourhood. He didn't point to a house and say "Ray Bradbury lives here". For anyone to be able to identify the RB house from that page, they would have to know RB's address in the first place.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I have several photos of Ray's home in you-know-where California, but don't believe I have ever posted any of them, particularly the one showing his address on the mailbox.

But, like it has been said, if someone is really industrious, they could search and find the address, but to what avail as the house is gated, barred, secured, watched 24/7 with guard dogs and other nefarious means to keep the bad guys away. Well, not really, but it is a cool idea.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Doug posted a page that was showing a house in Bradbury's neighbourhood.

philnic has it exactly right. I merely said he was a neighbour, meaning he lived in the neighbourhood.

I've already communicated with Mr Knox, and told him I think it's safe enough - after all, a quick web search for his address will turn up something. It's also listed in Who's Who.

It's all good.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Doug posted a page that was showing a house in Bradbury's neighbourhood.

philnic has it exactly right. I merely said he was a neighbour, meaning he lived in the neighbourhood.

I've already communicated with Mr Knox, and told him I think it's safe enough - after all, a quick web search for his address will turn up something. It's also listed in Who's Who.

It's all good.

I have to apologize to Doug Spaulding for irking him on. Making much about nothing, or Much ado about nothing.
A simple google for addresses of the famous turn up multiple listings of the correct address.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
I have to apologize to Doug Spaulding for irking him on. Making much about nothing, or Much ado about nothing.
A simple google for addresses of the famous turn up multiple listings of the correct address.

It's all good - at least it gave you a chance to quote Shakespeare!

See, I told you about the googling!

"Live Forever!"