Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    MICHAEL MOORE APOLOGIES
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MICHAEL MOORE APOLOGIES
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There will undoubtedly be a bunch of newspapers tomorrow that carry this story. (See above post)

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, boy! Think Michael Moore will post here instead of sending all his lackeys to do it for him?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where's all those who have been bombarding this forum with pro-Moore euphorias?

How come they are not commenting on what Moore himself has to say here? Huh?

posted Hide Post
Nard,

The silence is deafening.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So dandelion, are you one of Ray Bradburry's lackeys? I am personally not affiliated with anybody but my own self.

I just saw Ray Bradburry doing something stupid, decided to see what his stance was online, and discovered this debate, where I felt that the long time message board population was, for the most part, acting blindly in defending Ray.

I think that Michael Moore was very confused that Bradburry was offended by his use of the title, and is doing the human thing, which is to try and make amends. Something that he does not necessarily have to do. I doubt I would be able to.

Posts: 9 | Location: orem, ut, usa | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zoobiewa,

Dandelion is the moderator on this board. Neither she, nor anyone else here, is Bradbury's lackey. The recent influx of Moore supporters has given some of us the impression that their invasion is an organized effort. Perhaps we're mistaken. But if you look at it through our eyes, you might come away with the same impression.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoobiewa:
So dandelion, are you one of Ray Bradburry's lackeys? I am personally not affiliated with anybody but my own self.

I just saw Ray Bradburry doing something stupid, decided to see what his stance was online, and discovered this debate, where I felt that the long time message board population was, for the most part, acting blindly in defending Ray.

I think that Michael Moore was very confused that Bradburry was offended by his use of the title, and is doing the human thing, which is to try and make amends. Something that he does not necessarily have to do. I doubt I would be able to.

Ray Bradbury doing something stupid, hmm. Well, now you got me curiose. What do you do?

Or are you just another armchair expert?

Posts: 102 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RAY ON CNN

Yep. That was Ray on CNN this morning.

CNN gave Ray a brief sound-bite, and continued by interviewing people leaving the movie theater last night.

I'd say, you'll undoubtedly see Ray again during these Fahrenheit 'sparks'.

posted Hide Post
Why call other people lackeys, dandelion? (seeing as I've just read a post that characterized me as being arrogant on occasions, I think whoever says that should not be arrogant herself (something about a stone and throwing it if one is blameless, or something like that...(I guess I am sometimes arrogant, ain't I).).).

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only reaffirming what others have already said here about both subjects.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SO...the next obvious question IS...what does Ray Bradbury think of Michael Moore's apology?

posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Bradbury,

While I appreciate your contributions, you have NO place demanding an apology from Michael Moore. Period.

Worry about George Bush and his war mongering profiteers, not Michael Moore. Take a page from Orwell and protest King George's "war is peace" insanity.

Stuff your ego, and do some real good.

Thank you

For the rest of this forum: I am not part of any "organized effort" to protest Bradbury's silly demand. I read of his complaint on Google news, found this Web site, and have exercised my right to speak.

[This message has been edited by Word Warrior (edited 06-26-2004).]

Posts: 7 | Registered: 26 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Word Warrior:
Dear Mr. Bradbury,

While I appreciate your contributions, you have NO place demanding an apology from Michael Moore. Period.

Worry about George Bush and his war mongering profiteers, not Michael Moore. Take a page from Orwell and protest King George's "war is peace" insanity.

Stuff your ego, and do some real good.

Thank you

For the rest of this forum: I am not part of any "organized effort" to protest Bradbury's silly demand. I read of his complaint on Google news, found this Web site, and have exercised my right to speak.

[This message has been edited by Word Warrior (edited 06-26-2004).]

So, you are saying that Ray Bradbury should just sit back, watch Michael Moore make millions of $$$$ off of his title, all in the name of 'patriotism'?

You must be a white man. There's a book about you written by MM.

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 26 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW, given the fact that a new film version of F451 is in the planning stages, I can see why Bradbury was extremely perturbed at MM's avoiding tactics until opening weekend of F911.

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 26 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post