Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Definitive short story collection(s)?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Definitive short story collection(s)?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Over the years Ray has been so kind as to sign the books I have sent to him, many times including a neat illustration. I always make it as easy as possible sending a return Priority Mail envelope stamped and addressed inside the Priority One envelope that I sent the books to him in.

There are several recent acquisitions that I should mail out to him while he is still active and willing to do it.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In those cases where the revisions were complex enough to warrant it ("The Wind", for example), we will treat the story as two versions and publish both.

Bill Touponce

Bless your incomparable hearts!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
This is wonderful. I'm so glad you're not doing the fancy $750 dollar thing which only the wealthy Bradbury fans can afford!

Has anyone here admitted to being able to afford that? I am also profoundly grateful to hear about the proposed prices.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has the schedule of releases been mentioned? Are they coming out annually? Semi-annually?

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Doug, good luck in locating a copy of Poetics of Reverie. I spent many months trying to find one - every one I found on the web turned out not to actually exist (either out of stock, already sold, or some other kind of "phantom").

I received my Ray Bradbury and the Poetics of Reverie today - $17! And a first-edition hardcover in very good shape. (maybe first edition hardcovers are the only versions?)

Now if only Professor Touponce were here to sign it for me. We'll have to put on another Irish play so he'll come back out.

Phantom is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
And a first-edition hardcover in very good shape. (maybe first edition hardcovers are the only versions?)

There was also a paperback version.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The paperback version has a new chapter in it.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
The paperback version has a new chapter in it.

Blast! (pronounced "blahst!")

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prof Touponce just posted this on his Facebook page:

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil... when was the last time you updated your Short Story Finder?

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good question. Ages ago! I think I have at least two books' contents to add/update. It's on my to-do list, but unfortunately my to-do list is vaster than my available-time diary!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
One can now sign up to be notified about the availabilty of Vol. I of THE COLLECTED STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY (1938-1943) at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Collecte...6432216&sr=8-1-spell

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil... I really like your list and use it often. With so many chapbooks, extra "previously unpublished" stories in new books, gauntlet goodies, it is hard to keep up with what is still considered "unpublished"

oh, thanks linnl for the heads-up!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon is now taking orders for vol. 1....not cheap though. The retail is like $60. Amazon price was $42? $43? I forget. I just ordered it anyway!!!

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are photos of the front page of the advanced copy of the book.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageCriticalEditionFront.jpg (241 Kb, 12 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post