Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Sound of Thunder movie
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Sound of Thunder movie
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Just saw the trailer on TV and it says it starts on September 2nd. About a month away.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
Just saw the trailer on TV and it says it starts on September 2nd. About a month away.

Which program show it?

Thank you~~

Posts: 34 | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last Thursday at 10pm, it must have been on UPN, during WWE Smackdown.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
Last Thursday at 10pm, it must have been on UPN, during WWE Smackdown.

Thank you so much~~ Smiler

posted Hide Post
The official movie website has some more content now:

http://www.asoundofthunder.com

This time, it looks like the movie really is coming soon.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to what has been posted, I spoke with Ray yesterday and the movie is definitely coming out all over the country on September 2nd.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who has see more TV commercials of this movie (in US)?

Thank you~~~~

BTW, this is a POSTER
http://movies.warnerbros.com/pub/movie/soundthunder/ASOT_DOM_1Sht.jpg

posted Hide Post
Sir Ben Kingsley talks about this movie....

http://www.ew.com/ew/preview/movie/0,6115,1091343_1_0_,00.html
quote:
A Sound of Thunder

Sir Ben Kingsley can't tell you that much about his new sci-fi action movie A Sound of Thunder. It's been a while since he shot it. ''When did I do this film?'' he asks in jest. He filmed it in the summer of 2002. ''And how many movies have I done since then?'' A bunch? ''Nine!'' he bellows gaily. (After shooting Thunder, Kingsley went on to make, among others, House of Sand and Fog.) Why's the movie been so long delayed? ''I think they really wanted to work on the visual effects,'' he says. ''That's what [director] Peter Hyams said. He's a nice guy.''
Kingsley also likes Ray Bradbury, the science fiction titan who wrote the futuristic story Thunder is based on.
You know that old adage about how a butterfly flapping its wings can change the course of history? Legend has it that its origins lie in Bradbury's 1952 tale. Sent by a huckster played by Kingsley, Edward Burns (Confidence) and a gang of pleasure seekers journey back in time to hunt dinosaurs but end up changing the future when they accidentally off a butterfly.

On the subject of his villainous character, Kingsley is eloquent — and bonkers. ''He's a grandiose showman,'' he reports. ''In the 19th century, he'd be selling bottles of elixir that would make you the strongest person. He presses the button, pours the champagne, greets people, and sells them the ride of a lifetime! He has grand gestures and rather limited intelligence.'' He interrupts himself with a honking, maniacal laugh. ''Ha-ha-ha! I hope you write that down! Grand gestures and a rather limited intelligence! There you go, Kingsley. Wow.'' If the movie is half as entertaining as talking to Kingsley is, it'll be huge.

(Posted:08/08/05)

posted Hide Post
I have my reservations about this film but I hope that it is one that Ray will enjoy!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 31

Ray has seen it, twice I believe, and he does like it. They, of course, added to the basic content of his short story, but his comments have been favorable and he has stated that what they have added has improved on the story.

This is from Ray himself when I have talked with him and he has been quoted in an article as well (article source not recalled at this time, sorry!)

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s the best news I’ve had in a long while! Thanks, biplane1.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:

This is from Ray himself when I have talked with him and he has been quoted in an article as well (article source not recalled at this time, sorry!)

Is this the article you talk about?
http://www.bradburychronicles.com/news.htm
quote:
Ray Bradbury reports that an early screening of the Peter Hyams adaptation of A Sound of Thunder was spectacular. "They added things to my story that made it even better." A rare and unusual admission by an author to say the least!

posted Hide Post
Marychan41,

Yes, that is the one. I am sorry that my short term memory failed me.

posted Hide Post
I'm excited. It's been a pretty good year for movies so far. I loved Star Wars 3 and Batman Begins. War of the Worlds was pretty good, lets see, what else... Well coming up, there's A Sound of Thunder, The Brothers Grimm (it looks pretty cool, I think), and Harry Potter 4 (too bad it's not Harry Potter 5), and I'm somewhat nervously anticipating the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. The Narnia Chronicles are great books, I'm just not sure I want to see a computer generated Aslan. But a real lion with an animated mouth a la "Babe Pig in the City" wouldn't be any better... We'll have to see if they can do the books justice. I really hope they do all 7 though....

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two weeks before its opening....

TV commercials are still too few .... Frowner